Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
Why aren't we riding?

Signal Conversion kit.

I installed an Electrical Connections Turn Signal Conversion Kit. Today.

http://www.electricalconnection.com/...star&sport.htm

Problem is they say they have how to disassemble the turn signal listed on their website. However they do not at this time. Took me a little while to figure it out. I didn't take any picks. However since I also replaced all my dry rotted turn signals with K&S replacements. I will tear one of the old ones apart and post some how to picks. They are a pretty slick mod to give you some extra vis without having to add to the bike. They are low consumption LEDs so I didn't have any worries about taxing the charging system. My voltmeter verified it. It was a little frustrating because I got the wires reversed on one side and it took me a little while to troubleshoot it to this and not a faulty connection or parts.

I'm thinking this was a worthwhile investment for the additional lights it gives in the back. $50 from the local shop, probably cheeper if you search online.

I give em a

"Angel"
1990 VN750
Loads of extras
On the road.

"Priscilla" aka "The other woman"
1985 VN700
(Purchased from DMAG)
Rebuilding for the road.

Buy it to ride it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 03:41 AM
and the Adventure Cycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
Problem is they say they have how to disassemble the turn signal listed on their website. However they do not at this time.
Do you mean the installation guide? It worked for me?

They do look like they add to the 'SEE ME' factor pretty good.

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Why aren't we riding?

No the installation guide is there, but how to disassemble the turn signal assembly for the particular manufacturer, is supposed to be there.

"Angel"
1990 VN750
Loads of extras
On the road.

1985 VN700
(Purchased from DMAG)
Rebuilding for the road.

Buy it to ride it!

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Growling at the World...

Send a message via Yahoo to bulldog485
I was one of the first VN750 owners to do this mod. Back when it was a cresent shaped board instead of the round one that they use today. Thank you very much... It was my bitching that got the circle board...

I didn't have any trouble with the lack of disassembly directions. Back when I did the mod (about 5 years ago) all you had was the board, some cheezy instructions about wiring and nothing else. It was a real bitch to thread the wires and the silicone left a lot to be desired but it was not too difficult if one is patient.

I no longer have them installed on my VN750. Some here, like Chad and Pick Foster have them and love them. Me personally, I felt that they did very little and only kept them around as I was too lazy to remove them. When I installed hard saddlebags on my VN750, the turn signals got replaced with some high quality HA bullets and now my OEM VN750 signals with the ELE Conn kit sits in a box somewhere in my garage.

Evan Breyn ~ The Bulldog
http://www.bulldogsbike.com
2006 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic FLHTCUI ~ The Big Black Bitch ~ 26,000 miles.
2002 Kawasaki Nomad 1500 ~ The Red Dog ~ Traded in at 22,000 miles of smiles (purchased new 10/05 / Traded in 6/12).
1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 ~ Black Betty ~ 34,999.7 miles
VROC ~v~ 485
McHenry County Road Pirates
Chicagoland, IL
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 01:56 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Any of you three have pics? Thanks to Mr. Police Officer, I'm always interested in adding a little more light to the bike - and Orleans' signals are dry-rotted as well, so could use replacing.

C
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 03:51 PM
Growling at the World...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crobins365 View Post
Any of you three have pics? Thanks to Mr. Police Officer, I'm always interested in adding a little more light to the bike - and Orleans' signals are dry-rotted as well, so could use replacing.
This is a picture of my VN750 before she went through the facelift to become Black Betty

Notice the cresent LED's in the turn signals. Those are the first generation Ele Connections kit before he improved them.

I also added an extra brake light and a dual light on my plate frame. You can never have too much light...

Evan Breyn ~ The Bulldog
2006 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic FLHTCUI ~ The Big Black Bitch ~ 26,000 miles.
2002 Kawasaki Nomad 1500 ~ The Red Dog ~ Traded in at 22,000 miles of smiles (purchased new 10/05 / Traded in 6/12).
VROC ~v~ 485
Chicagoland, IL
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Why aren't we riding?

The K&S are direct replacements and are half the cost of OEM signals. It really wasn't a difficult job I was just hesitant about pulling the bulb socket out of a brand new signal without knowing if it work break or if it would go back in. I've stepped back a distance from the bike and had someone demonstrate the lights for me. I think they made a considerable difference. Thanks Bulldog for your help in dev on these. I can only imagine what they would look like as a crescent. I bet Crobins would be interested in those old signals of yours. Got a few errands done. I'm going to take a few pics now.

"Angel"
1990 VN750
Loads of extras
On the road.

1985 VN700
(Purchased from DMAG)
Rebuilding for the road.

Buy it to ride it!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 06:27 PM
HAWK

Send a message via Yahoo to Ccspinner
Here is what the new ones look like.

Chad Falstad "Hawk"
Vroc #17649
2011 HD Ultra Classic "angel"
2001 Nomad 1500 Sold March 2012
2001 VN 750 "Sold June with 2008 with 21,000""Serinity"
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Growling at the World...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccspinner View Post
Here is what the new ones look like.
I've followed Chad before. The full circle kits are much nicer then the cresent ones that I had. Still not as bright as I would like in the day but very nice at night...

These days, I'm tooling around like this...

All LED and bright as hell. The brake fixture, two side dual lights and a dual strip over the plate. BRIGHT!!!

Evan Breyn ~ The Bulldog
VROC ~v~ 485
Chicagoland, IL
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Thanks for the pics - that helps. I think I like the full circles better than the crescents, too, but they definitely look brighter than the OEM. Bulldog, say again what set-up that is you have (now)? Is it all one big brake-turn sgnal assembly, or did you do it in stages? That looks awesome - and, I agree, there's no such thing as too many lights on a motorcycle.

C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement