Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Bearcat

Finally mover the r/r

I finally relocated the r/r. I have to say the hardest part was geting the little bugger out from beneath the battery box. I drilled the bolts and it still didnt won't to come out. I finally drilled around the bolts and took a chisel and hammer to it and kept working it till the welded bolts broke out.

For the new bracket I tool a peice of flat steel drilled a hole in the end and bolted it onto the bike threw a hole I drilled in the gusset under the seat. Marked and drilled the holes for the r/r and reran the wiring. Got to say I'm happy with it. My only question is will it hurt the r/r if I drilled into it a little bit on accident. Everything's still working fine for now I was just thinking Long term.

Keep her rubber side down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 03:47 AM

Must be ok then, but did you seal the drill hole some way? Silicone?

You moved it to the frame under the seat?

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more
__________________________________________________ ____________
Repair Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mj7z81..._Catalogue.pdf

Owner's Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nscb5f...ers+Manual.pdf
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Bearcat

I didn't seal the hole as it wasn't very deep1/8 of an inch or so. The r/r is sitting in the usaly relocation place just above the left passenger peg. My bracket is bolted to the frame just under the seat though. It extends out and down and the R/R is bolted to it.

The red thing is the price of steel I used for a bracket. It was Easyer for me to just drill a cupple of holes and bolt a flat bar onto the gusset under the set than to try and make the bracketry to bolt it around the frame tubes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	7761  

Keep her rubber side down.

Last edited by Jamesoct1990; 06-06-2013 at 01:53 PM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Prowling Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesoct1990 View Post
I finally relocated the r/r. I have to say the hardest part was geting the little bugger out from beneath the battery box. I drilled the bolts and it still didnt won't to come out. I finally drilled around the bolts and took a chisel and hammer to it and kept working it till the welded bolts broke out.

For the new bracket I tool a peice of flat steel drilled a hole in the end and bolted it onto the bike threw a hole I drilled in the gusset under the seat. Marked and drilled the holes for the r/r and reran the wiring. Got to say I'm happy with it. My only question is will it hurt the r/r if I drilled into it a little bit on accident. Everything's still working fine for now I was just thinking Long term.
I hear ya there. Seems like a lotta work for 2 bolts. I unbolted the batter box and tilted the bottom towards me and was able to get it out that way. Afterwards, I just zip-tied it to the left side of the battery box behind the side cover.

I only understand what I don't understand.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 06:44 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesoct1990 View Post
I didn't seal the hole as it wasn't very deep1/8 of an inch or so. The r/r is sitting in the usaly relocation place just above the left passenger peg. My bracket is bolted to the frame just under the seat though. It extends out and down and the R/R is bolted to it.

The red thing is the price of steel I used for a bracket. It was Easyer for me to just drill a cupple of holes and bolt a flat bar onto the gusset under the set than to try and make the bracketry to bolt it around the frame tubes
Ahh, I see... said the blind man. If you didn't break through the case, it should be fine then.

I bent an aluminum bracket from a piece of T-Fal frying pan, haha. It's mounted on the battery box bolts, under the left side cover, in front of the fuse box. I'll carry a 10mm in case I need to get to the fuses. Maybe a hinged bracket is needed there.

She's charging 14.5v at 1500, but the shaking made me shut it down quick. Have to pull the engine again.

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more
__________________________________________________ ____________
Repair Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mj7z81..._Catalogue.pdf

Owner's Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nscb5f...ers+Manual.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement