Sealed Batteries for the VN750 - Page 3 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 235 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 08:45 PM

Re: Sealed Batteries for the VN750

For those of you that are thinking about plunking the money down for a M/F battery, here's another choice for you. The Interstate battery I bought has the number, CYTX14AHL-BS. It also has an MFG # M62H4L.
I also installed a volt meter. Bought one at NAPA for $18.00. Mounted it on the handle bars with a U bolt. Got the idea from Mainevulcan aka Norm, when we met last year by accident at the local Wal Mart. It's amazing after having to shell out the money for a stater, rectifier, and new battery how much seeing the needle of the voltmeter in the safe range make you feel so comfortable.
Ride Safe
Wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 235 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 12:31 AM

Aside from getting a Maint-free battery, a voltmeter should be next on your list so that you can keep on top of what your electrical system is doing. Mine is not the prettiest, but it works great. I have it calibrated to display voltage at the battery terminals, not the fuse box. You can see mine on my web page http://www.angeltowns2.com/members/n...-voltmeter.htm

My future project is to put inline fuses on my stator wires so if something were to go south, at least my stator is protected. Keeping your oil fresh will also extend the life of the stator as it will take much longer for oil gunk to form in the stator and overheat it.

keep the rubber side down.

Norm
post #23 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 04:20 PM

Got my Westco from www.ebatteries2go.com, $65 w/ free shipping. The battery came very quickly.

post #24 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 10:01 PM

Red face Re: Replace your stock wet cell battery...Yuasa P#

Not to be a pill here, but as I'm an electronice GEEK I just must point out that this battery has 20 AH (amp hours) and aprox. 200 CCA. (cold cranking amps).

Just call me an "ElectroDweeb"!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1515
The Yuasa High Perf Maint free battery is YXT14AHL-BS, available at a lot of places online and in stores.. Some points...
It has 20 CCA (cold cranking amps) MORE than the Westco, for abt the same money. Don't know abt any comparisons btw Sears or any other brand that might fit..
If you buy it online, it may come to you DRY (mine did), with the electrolyte. You will have to add the fluid, then charge overnite. Don't let this deter you...this is half the fun!! Some places are now filling them and shipping 'wet'.
Whichever brand you chose...get a MF asap. It will help your ride run better, and you'll be glad not to have to do one more pre-flight check...
post #25 of 235 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 11:50 AM

Re: Replace your stock wet cell battery...Yuasa P#

Try to order the Yuasa High Perf Maint free battery YXT14AHL-BS for my Vulcan 1986. However no possibility to obtain in The Netherlands Europe. Ordering by internet in US is no option, due to non-delivery or transport to The Netherlands.
Somebody to help me?
Greetings Peter
post #26 of 235 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 02:56 PM

I just bought the ytx14ahl-bs yuasa battery at bike bandit for 60 and a few cents with shipping and handling. I took your advice about buying the free maint battery, and my bike is about 3 months old. Hope it was worth it. I try to listen to experience when I can. thanks!!
post #27 of 235 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 09:58 AM

Re: Replace your stock wet cell battery...Yuasa P#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalship1
Not to be a pill here, but as I'm an electronice GEEK I just must point out that this battery has 20 AH (amp hours) and aprox. 200 CCA. (cold cranking amps).

Just call me an "ElectroDweeb"!!!
Crystalship...Thanx for the added detail.
Re-read my post, and you will see that I was comparing CCA values. The Yuasa has 20 more CCA, according to both websites. That's why I think it's a better value.
I think it's only an 18~19 ah battery tho...
post #28 of 235 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 10:40 PM
r&s

I got my Westco MF battery today. It fit like a glove and my bike started better than ever.
post #29 of 235 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 11:01 PM

I just bought 2 ytx14ahl-bs Yuasa batteries for the wife's and my 750.

A question I have is...has anyone added the electrolyte and then let the battery sit overnight before charging or did you simply wait the recommended 30 minutes and then begin charging?

Would there be any benefit in waiting to charge the battery after adding electrolyte? Just curious.

Thanks!
post #30 of 235 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 03:18 PM

I went out to Sears and got the Diehard 40055 MF battery last night. I'm looking to prevent starting problems before they start.

The directions for adding the fluid were pretty straightforward, but they were very unclear about how to go about charging the battery for the first time.

Any advice?

Rick

'06 Vulcan 750
NationalCycle 'Shield
Tourmaster bags
Sponsored Links
Advertisement