Sealed Batteries for the VN750 - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 235 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 08:10 PM

Talking Re: Sealed Batteries for the VN750

Walmart has a schumacher <SPELL> that does basically the same thing with a permanent plug as well. 1.5 amp, 14.something volts, then to 13.2 for indefinate period. will also restart if loaded.
less than 20.00

I like mine.

smile, live free, be happy, live like tomorrow may not come. if you do all these you are a better man than I.
Have a nice day. Ride safely.
Live long and prosper
Pray regularly, Prayer is the best safety equipment

Beavis

VN750
VTR250
VN700

Polished Coasters
Capacitor RR mod
H-pipe Degoat mod
Bike Clock (old wristwatch)
Universal Power MF Battery
See my pictures and mods at:
http://www.fortunecity.com/bennyhills/radner/499/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 235 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 11:29 PM

Re: WestCo 10% discount, free shipping MF battery/Charger Combo

Hey:

Thanks for this info. I literally saw this while working in my cage, (wireless internet RULES!!), and jumped onto the Westco site and ordered it on the spot.

Arrived four days later ready to go. Even fully charged.

Ran it almost all the way down before I realizesd what my problem was.

Not the R/R, or the Stator. Seems like some idiod, (me) put on a neon license plate frame, and it just dawnwed on me that it was likely sucking more amperage than my weak electrical system was putting out. Duh!!

Anyway, I swapped it for the stock light, and even put LED tail/brake lights in to cut the draw.

Lesson learned.

D
post #13 of 235 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 07:03 PM

Re: Sealed Batteries for the VN750

Got the Die Hard (Part# 44005) yesterday. Filled with Electrolyte, charged overnight, installed this morning, and the VN rolled over nice and easy for the first time started in 2 weeks. It started so easily I wasn't even sure it had started.

When the guys saying to get the MF sealed battery claimed it made the bike run better, I didn't believe them. I mean, what can a battery have to do with how a bike ran after it was started? Am I crazy that I thought my Vulcan ran better than ever today or does the better voltage make that much a difference?

post #14 of 235 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 07:17 AM
Search Goddess

The better "more consistent" voltage makes that much of a difference, yes!
And. no more worries about acid spills or taking time out to take the seat off to check battery levels. (Means more riding time then!)

Dianna
Conway, AR
Patriot Guard Rider
2000 VN750 Sere (Serendipity)
1990 GL1500 (Ole Blue)
1986 VN750 EVie (project bike, heavy custom)
VROC # 11628 / 25000-H
ARVROC # 12 Coordinator and Crowd Control
OKVROC # 18 (H)
TNVROC # 45 (H)
post #15 of 235 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 03:23 PM

Thumbs up Re: Sealed Batteries for the VN750

I found the same thing when I replaced the wet cell in my Savage with an MF battery. I had been having trouble getting it started, and after installing the MF, it started first time every time, and really did run better overall. It really helped that it was there when I sold it, too. Impressed the buyer that I had gone the extra mile to maintain the bike. I got my asking price with no haggling.
I guess that I threw in the extra oil filters and the back rest didn't hurt either.

Dennis in Maryland
AKA - The Krusty Old Phart
Still turnin' burnin' and lurnin'
http://photos.yahoo.com/krustyoldphart
post #16 of 235 (permalink) Old 11-03-2004, 11:27 AM

simple reason really, the MF battery has less internal resistance, whitch means the voltage is concistant as previously mentioned. when starter motor runs, there is still a higher voltage output than the same size wet battery. also when your ignition needs more power, the voltage doesnt drop either.

smile, live free, be happy, live like tomorrow may not come. if you do all these you are a better man than I.
Have a nice day. Ride safely.
Live long and prosper
Pray regularly, Prayer is the best safety equipment

Beavis

VN750
VTR250
VN700

Polished Coasters
Capacitor RR mod
H-pipe Degoat mod
Bike Clock (old wristwatch)
Universal Power MF Battery
See my pictures and mods at:
http://www.fortunecity.com/bennyhills/radner/499/
post #17 of 235 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 11:29 AM

Just replaced the stock battery after two months of frustration, with the sears part #44005, so far so good. What a world of difference. If things keep going as good as they did this weekend, I may actually build up alot of coinfidence about the bike starting warm or cold. Thanks very much for the info it is greatly appreciated.

Neil
West Palm Beach
2005 Vulcan
post #18 of 235 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 07:28 PM

Send a message via MSN to Juan Carlos Valladares

Yes guys , I had replaced my 6 month old (?) Yuasa Battery for a New Yuasa Dry FM Yuasa YTX14AHL-BS in my VN 750 /1990
, and surprise,,, all starting problems dessapear magically ( cold , hot , warm ,,),, no doubts .
I recommend strongly , but ,,, when I try to put the new battery inside the battery box , the battery result 1/2 inch greater , and so i had to cut the box holder and enlarge it adding by welding strips of metal plate , and finally bolting the box to the frame from outside instead from inside ( clear,,, or not )
Good Luck Vulcaneers
post #19 of 235 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 06:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to gnon2705 Send a message via Yahoo to gnon2705

I finally bit the bullett. I spent $70.00 and bought an Interstate sealed battery for my 85 VN700. I went with interstate because of the 5 calls I made to Sears, Wal Mart, and 2 other places that deal exclusively in batteries, the people at Interstate were the only folks that understood what I meant by Maintenance Free. One guy even explained his understanding of M/F by stating "once you put it in the bike, you don't have to do anything to it". Although the battery he wanted to sell me had a vent tube. hmmmmmm. Another said, "bring your battery down, I'm sure we can find something that will fit".
So I put in the electrolite (acid), and charged her up. Installed it, and pressed the starter button. I didn't even hear it turn over before the bike was running. Nice . I had the stater replaced last year, and the rectifier. I hope this will be the end of my electrical problems.
This is the start of the riding season here in Maine. We already have a ride planned to go to a place called "Hight of Land" in the Rangely Lakes area. I'm hoping it all goes well.

Ride Safe
Wayne
post #20 of 235 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnon2705
I finally bit the bullett. I spent $70.00 and bought an Interstate sealed battery for my 85 VN700. I went with interstate because of the 5 calls I made to Sears, Wal Mart, and 2 other places that deal exclusively in batteries, the people at Interstate were the only folks that understood what I meant by Maintenance Free. One guy even explained his understanding of M/F by stating "once you put it in the bike, you don't have to do anything to it". Although the battery he wanted to sell me had a vent tube. hmmmmmm. Another said, "bring your battery down, I'm sure we can find something that will fit".
So I put in the electrolite (acid), and charged her up. Installed it, and pressed the starter button. I didn't even hear it turn over before the bike was running. Nice . I had the stater replaced last year, and the rectifier. I hope this will be the end of my electrical problems.
This is the start of the riding season here in Maine. We already have a ride planned to go to a place called "Hight of Land" in the Rangely Lakes area. I'm hoping it all goes well.

Ride Safe
Wayne
Wayne...this will be the best $70 you've spent on you're ride (so far!).
I'm pretty sure the Interstate is made by Yuasa/Exide....could you post the battery number when you get the chance??
For x-reference...

john m
Somewhere deep in OH....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement