No power this morning.
Got up to go to work and the bike surprised me with no power from the battery. Fired right up and idled without a problem when I jumped it with a car battery.
I didn't use the bike on the weekend at all, and it rained... any chance the rain had something to do with it? I'm sure I have some connections in there that aren't "water proof". I'm hoping it's not stator failure :-/
I had already mentioned my R/R heating up quite a bit, but the bike was doing just fine anyway until today. I already bought a mosfet R/R on eBay but it doesn't even show as "Shipped" yet, so who knows when I'll get it.
What I just did was put the battery on the tender, cut off the R/R plug which is in pretty bad shape, solder some fresh wire from the stator yellow leads to the wires on the R/R and I also took some fresh wiring and replaced the R/R + and - output and sent it straight to the battery to bypass any damaged wiring that might be in the stock harness.
I hope that makes it heat up less and I really really hope I don't have a faulty stator u_u
1985 VN700 unknown mileage (over 33K)
Iridium spark plugs
NGK wires and caps