Junction Box 2.0: Redesign Open Source Project
Several members have expressed an interest in designing a replacement unit for the stock junction box. I believe a collaborative effort will yield the finest results; by collecting and implementing the best ideas of the participants in an ‘open source’ style build. My goals for this project are as follows:
1) Open Source- meaning all relevant information and details shall be shared between members.
2) Plug and Play- The replacement unit shall be a direct bolt on for the OEM box.
3) Low Cost- The cost shall be within the means of the average forum member.
4) User Serviceable- The JB shall have replaceable components.
5) Added Functionality- The JB shall have extra user circuits and expandability.
Some Ideas I have:
1) Possible solid state components
2) Extra switched circuits for lights, horns, ect…
3) Indicators for displaying the state of the relays inside (LED’s turn on when relay is energized)
4) 3 color LED to indicate system voltage
5) Possible port for expansion boards
I’m looking for members to join me to make this concept a reality….