Connecting wires to running lights on mirrors - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

Connecting wires to running lights on mirrors

I traded some old car parts for a set of Rivco mirrors for my bike. They have both running lights and turn signals built in them. Both amber running and turn signal lights on the back side, and red turn signal lights on the front side. All LED's.
What would be the easiest way to hook them up to the existing wiring for the front turn signals? I have the wiring run through the stock sleeves on both sides on the handlebars, and I have located the wiring for the turn signals.
I really don't want to have to cut any wires, or splice them if I can get away with it. I have shrink tubing, and a solder gun, but getting to the wires is a PITA.
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 03:51 AM
Let's Ride!!

Garage
I have an idea: give us back our stuff or our money, and THEN we might start thinking about helping you in any way. Quit pretending like nothing happened and everything is fine. MAKE IT RIGHT!

'95 Vulcan 750 - Purchased 8/2003 w/ 21,124 miles - passed 50K 9/3/15
* VN900 seat * Daytona handlebar * Converted ACCTs to MCCTs * Relocated R/R * Drilled clutch basket * Coastered * Repainted *
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 10:36 AM
romeobravo172

Send a message via Skype™ to romeobravo172
Probably SCAMED someone out of those!

04-3,200 miles bought July 2011 with 928 miles. Loaded with acessories to many to list here, see my albums for more details! I also make a custom tank bib specific for the 750 if anyone is interested, ck my albums for some pics.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

HAHA VERY Funny you 2 STOP hijacking my fuking threads! I told you you will get your stuff.
As I said in my post about my screwing up, I will keep posting on here, and helping others.
So if you 2 still want to be a couple of infantile little bitch babies, knock yourselves out.
That being said, is there ANYONE else besides these to azzholes that would be interested in helping me?
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

And Romeobravo, it's spelled SCAMMED, and yes, I stole the parts from my old car to trade for the mirrors. Are you happy now?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 04:28 PM
romeobravo172

Will be a lot happier when I get my $'s !!! If I may ask, when can I expect it?

04-3,200 miles bought July 2011 with 928 miles. Loaded with acessories to many to list here, see my albums for more details! I also make a custom tank bib specific for the 750 if anyone is interested, ck my albums for some pics.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
That being said, is there ANYONE else besides these to azzholes that would be interested in helping me?
Doubt it. But the info IS here already, if youre willing to search for it though.
I know sheit about electrics, and worse at searching. But if you take a hot (+) wire and brush it against the inside of yer open gas cap, you could be enlightened.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 10:47 PM
romeobravo172

Danm my Brother Wolfie--LMAO at that one!!! Here's a cold one at ya bro and yes a tall one too!

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

I got it all figured out thank you. I'm so glad people make jokes at my expense. Guess there has to be a few comedians in the bunch.
And Wolfie, you can take a wire and stick it up your azz and maybe you will be enlightened.
I will get your payment out tomorrow romeobravo via a money order.
I'm through being nice. I tried to keep in touch with everyone I owed money too, but they had to hijack my threads and post the little quips about my owing them money.
I guess they don't know how to read their PM's. I'm done. so if anyone else wants to make jabs at me, go ahead. Don't expect me to lie down and take it. Expect a reply back. And NO, I'm not going anywhere. I will still post and help others.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 03:48 AM
Let's Ride!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSmith68 View Post
I tried to keep in touch with everyone I owed money too...I guess they don't know how to read their PM's.
No, you didn't. That's kind of the point. I sent several PMs to you in the months after your supposed "accident", and never heard a word. On 11-1-11, you said you had received the rods and the money would be going out in the next couple days. On 11-10-11, I heard from your wife saying that you had been in an accident, but that the money would go out soon. But I never heard from you again. On 12-5-11 I sent another PM asking about the payment. On 12-29-11 I asked you to just return the rods rather than send me the money. On 9-17-12, once I found out who this screen name was, I PMed again asking you to send the parts back. On 9-19-12 I again asked you to send me my parts. It wasn't until YESTERDAY (Wednesday) that I finally got a PM from you. And surprise surprise, you have not apologized for the delay in paying me nor for the delay in returning my parts. Instead, you keep acting like I'm being some kind of @sshole for having the audacity to expect payment for parts I sent you or the return of the parts in lieu of payment.

But go ahead, keep acting like you have no idea why there is so much hostility directed toward you. And keep pretending like you have been diligently trying to rectify the situation, because you have not, and everyone knows it. No one is buying your BS anymore.

'95 Vulcan 750 - Purchased 8/2003 w/ 21,124 miles - passed 50K 9/3/15
* VN900 seat * Daytona handlebar * Converted ACCTs to MCCTs * Relocated R/R * Drilled clutch basket * Coastered * Repainted *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement