Originally Posted by 92' Vulcan Rider
My 92' Vulcan 750 is running terribly. Two things are happening. As I ride it, it's trying to cut out. Also, (sometimes) I push the start button and nothing happens (it's just dead). A few pushes later and it starts. Both of these things seemed to start happening at the same time. Are they related? Any help is appreciated.
Welcome to the forum.
Starting problems are _almost_ always a problem listed below.
1. Weak - Old battery, if buying new, buy AGM.
2. Poor battery cable connections. Clean both battery posts/cables.
Clean each/every battery cable connections @ Starter Solenoid, Starter,
and two frame grounds. The 2nd one is on the bottom of the engine
(Starter ground) (engine is mounted with rubber mounts).
3. Stator or R/R charging problems.
4. It is possible your ignition switch has worn/dirty contacts. A contact cleaning procedure is in the Verses.
5. It is also possible loss of spark momentarily, which may indicate electrical connector(s) issue (coil, junction Box connections).
or your cutting out problem may be/also sounds like possible carb issues.
hope this helps
'86 VN750 13,700 mi -Stock
-Purchased 2008 w/8800mi
Cables . Kuryakyn LED Voltmeter
SilverStar Ultra 9003/HB2 H4 Headlamp, Jardine Fwd Controls,
Iridiums DPR7EIX-9 & Wires, Tuxedo Mod, Coil Mod, P/U Sensor Mod, Fork Seals,
Splines Lubed - 11/4/2012 - MF AGM Battery
Additional Flashing LED Brake Light on Trunk
Dampers went out @ 13+K !
After TOC MCCT's..... so amazingly quiet I discovered a rattling heat shield on my stock exhaust !
...have a vulcan good day!