Safety switches.....etc... - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Safety switches.....etc...

KC2 and I met up fer breakfast today and went over to my friend's custom shop....Im getting a nice wide solo from him off of what I think mighta been a drifter...$20...picking up Wednesday...should make my boney azz feel a bit better on the long trips...
Anyway...we left the shop to go to the next town so's I can pick up some $.99 tallboys...they only had 2 left of mine...damn !...so, we started back towards my house taking the scenic route, lol...and my bike started acting up...we'd just crossed over a temp bridge where the original was wiped out this spring, and the bike died right at the end....one lane bridge, ya understand....any clear spot was uphill, and I just couldnt push...bike would start and run fine in neutral, but soon as I popped it into gear, and began to let clutch out, would die....
Ive had probs with that lil green wire that hooks to the tranny (neutral safety switch), so checke that first...all seemed fine...so, we were gonna jump a few connectors at the clutch switch to see if that would work...now, my kickstand switch been disconnected since before I bought it...the hot ends twusted together and taped, so i figured Id cut a piece from them to do the jump...pulled the pigtail out, and it looked like hell....hmmmm....cleaned that up and tried it again, bike ran fine !
Moral of this story :...if youre going to bypass stuff, or even if yer gonna make wire to wire connections, SOLDERSOLDERSOLDER !...the PO who did the bypass didnt do that...just twisted and taped...
But, while we were in this gracious gentleman's driveway (he told us we could use it to get off the road) thin INCREDIBLY HOT Milf walked by with her lil doggie...she was pleasant too...and, well, *droooooooooool*....so had I not broken down, never wouldda gotten a gander at the eye candy...I will be touring that area on a regular basis from now on, lol....
SOLDER....SOLDER......SOLDER !!!...even crimp connections can go bad !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement