do i need a new stator?????????? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
ass hole extaordinaire

do i need a new stator??????????

this is how far i got in the flow chart.
Leg A1-A2 _____Ω 0.9 Ω
Leg A1-A3_____Ω 0.9 Ω
Leg A2-A1_____Ω 0.9 Ω
Leg A2-A3_____Ω 0.9 Ω
Leg A3-A2_____Ω 0.9 Ω
Leg A3_A1_____Ω 0.9 Ω

to much resistance in the wires right?
meaning not a dead stator just a weak one?
but still means a new mod for the bike cause the weather is too damn nice to put her down and pull the engine!
it finally stopped raining
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Banned

Finish the flowchart please..... those numbers by themselves mean nothing at this point....
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
ass hole extaordinaire

but i dont wanna pa! i say screw it i know the bike has a new battery from orielys dry charge agm relocated r/r and i only have 11.3 volts at idle and i have to really wrap up the rpm around 5000 to get it to hit 13 volts it is charging just enough to keep the bike running but at idle i can hear my fan slow down if i put the batt on a 12v 2 amp charge the fan speeds up
so i'm just gonna get a new stator and r/r from electrosport and do the tux mod cant hurt anything and if that dont fix it i will go thru my grounds and other connections for the umpteenth time

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
ass hole extaordinaire

i happened upon a new personal parts connection a friend of a friend that works at a kawi dealer i will not name i am only spending 200 bucks and getting a new stator and r/r both electrosport and the tux mod plate i ordered from the guy on here
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 12:18 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
you need to go with a TPE rewound stator.. anything else and you are throwing your money away.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
ass hole extaordinaire

this bike is my only transportation and i am not in a position to wait that long for a reman part i really dont understand why every damn part for this bike has to be atleast three states away
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 01:11 AM
1986 VN750

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by new rider 9984 View Post
this bike is my only transportation and i am not in a position to wait that long for a reman part i really dont understand why every damn part for this bike has to be atleast three states away
Yeah get the TPE stator or you're just throwing away money. He may have some on-hand to sell, just ask.

Do it right the first time, and stop complaining so much.

1986 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
NGK Iridium Plugs #7803/DPR7EIX-9
Duralast Gold ETX15 AGM Battery
Coastered & Shaved
TOC MCCTs
Metzeler ME880 [110/90-19, 170/80-15]
Balance Dampers Replaced
Tuxedo Mod
Rebuilt Forks w/ Progressive Springs
V&H Cruzers
VN750.com Grill Cover
Meanstreak Seat
Emgo 23-92411 Handlebars
MOSFET FH012AA R/R

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

1998 Honda VFR800 FI

2014 Honda VFR800F

1989 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dariv View Post
Finish the flowchart please..... those numbers by themselves mean nothing at this point....
You sound really frustrated, cant blame you though. Alot of us has gone through the same exact thing, a bad stator.
To answer your question, those readings are good. However "dariv" is correct. There not the only readings that need to be taken. If your stator is bad you just might as well face the fact the bike cant be operated without it and it will need to be replaced. It sucks that its your only mean of transportation
I pulled my engine when mine went bad, there was no way I was chopping up my side cover, The tolerances are way to close. If that gets messed up your really hurting. Though theres been folks on here thats done it successfully.

I followed the advice of the guys on here thats been through the same thing and went with TPE (Tim Parrot) for a stator. He really treated me right. Had problems with my method of payment, he sent me my stator and trusted me to get him the money I owed so I could get my bike running sooner. Only one state away for me though.

Good luck !!!
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
ass hole extaordinaire

ok for all who dont know me which is most of you i will fill you in on what it is like to be me
then and only then should you tell me to stop complaining if you still think that i have no right to do so

first i would like to say i have been knocked off of my feet before but never like this
i manage a mechanic shop sounds good right? wrong i am also the only employee of the shop i manage i get a check every week for around 300 bucks then i get to turn around and give 100 back to the boss because he bought the bike for me so that leaves me with 200 a week adding up to 800 a month the only reason that i am able to eat almost once a day is due to the fact i live rent free at this time in the back of my mechanic shop i have two children ages 5 and 6 they live with there mother and i never get to see them because i work 59 hours 6 days a week and with all this weighing on me i still manage to get myself out of bed every morning and open up the shop with a big smile on my face so when i say i dont have the privilege to wait that long for the ideal part to arrive i literally mean it i am not complaining i am simply stating the facts
that is not to say that i wont send him my old one to be rewound however i is not affordable for me to do so at this time

some people would do good to remember what momma said
"IF YOU DONT HAVE NUTHI NICE TO SAY THEN SHUT THE **** UP"
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 11:09 AM
1986 VN750

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by new rider 9984 View Post
ok for all who dont know me which is most of you i will fill you in on what it is like to be me
then and only then should you tell me to stop complaining if you still think that i have no right to do so

first i would like to say i have been knocked off of my feet before but never like this
i manage a mechanic shop sounds good right? wrong i am also the only employee of the shop i manage i get a check every week for around 300 bucks then i get to turn around and give 100 back to the boss because he bought the bike for me so that leaves me with 200 a week adding up to 800 a month the only reason that i am able to eat almost once a day is due to the fact i live rent free at this time in the back of my mechanic shop i have two children ages 5 and 6 they live with there mother and i never get to see them because i work 59 hours 6 days a week and with all this weighing on me i still manage to get myself out of bed every morning and open up the shop with a big smile on my face so when i say i dont have the privilege to wait that long for the ideal part to arrive i literally mean it i am not complaining i am simply stating the facts
that is not to say that i wont send him my old one to be rewound however i is not affordable for me to do so at this time

some people would do good to remember what momma said
"IF YOU DONT HAVE NUTHI NICE TO SAY THEN SHUT THE **** UP"
Right, well when somebody gives you sound advice, don't make a post complaining about it.

If you want to make a bad choice, and buy a crappy Chinese stator, that's fine. You'll be fixing it again in 2 weeks. It's only $70 to get the stator rewound - so I'm not sure how getting a crappy Chinese stator is cheaper, as your initial investment is higher (over $100), and you'll have to double your work. Sounds like a waste of time and money to me.

The pitty-party that is your post still doesn't include the whole flow chart, so you don't even know if the stator is bad or not at this stage.

1986 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
NGK Iridium Plugs #7803/DPR7EIX-9
Duralast Gold ETX15 AGM Battery
Coastered & Shaved
TOC MCCTs
Metzeler ME880 [110/90-19, 170/80-15]
Balance Dampers Replaced
Tuxedo Mod
Rebuilt Forks w/ Progressive Springs
V&H Cruzers
VN750.com Grill Cover
Meanstreak Seat