I think you're on the right tractk. Last night, I dug my r/r out and relocated it to the same place. However, I took one of it's mounting holes and bored it out slightly with my portable drill, so that the side cover shoulder screw could go thru it. Then I sawed a bit of the "channel" that the screw goes thru off, so that I'd have sufficient thread to mount the side cover, with the r/r mounted on the screw between the side cover and the frame (sorry, no photos yet). Lastly, I drilled four 3/16" holes in the front of the side cover, and on the back of the side cover (barely noticeable, unless you look close, and then they look sort of cool in my opinion), to assure better airflow. Don't know how well this will work; I only did it yesterday, and no, I haven't had any r/r problems, but I wanna get my '01 in primo condition, so I'm reading others' posts daily, and acting on some.