Because I am OCD - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Because I am OCD

I keep saying I am going to sell my bike (and I will), but I keep coming up with excuses. On the plus side- it is making me take care of things I only temporarily fixed because I know how to deal with them. My bike is now in better shape than I have had it before my 1000+ mile trips!

1 thing I wanted to take care of before selling is an annoying electrical issue. Basically, when it would get hot enough, sometimes the indicator lights for the blinkers would both come on and the functionality of the front blinkers would suffer a little. I decided that the blue wire in the headlamp bucket had a fine crack that expanded and grounded out on the shell (or the same wire right above the head). I wrapped both sections of the wire in electrical tape and all is happy.

Basically, to make everything perfect, I want to simply replace the wire. I was wondering if anyone knew off the top of their head what gauge I should use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Hey Papa:
Since the amperage to the llights is fairly small, either 14 or 16 ga. wire will be more than adequate for the application and not take up too much space in the headlamp. I have a bit of the OCD thing too, and can relate to your desire to replace the wire. Good luck on the sale of your bike!
Bronson

2005 VN 750
MF Battery
Plexistar windshield
.040 pilot jets.
Splines lubed 1955 mi.
Marbled
Iridium plugs
Reset pickup coil gaps.
Metzeler ME=880s
Shindengen MOSFET RR
V & H Cruzers