Where To Buy LED Relay For Turn Signals? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Giggity!

Garage
Where To Buy LED Relay For Turn Signals?

OK, of course I did the usual ebay, amazon & google search & $10 is the cheapest (US Seller) I can find. Does any one know of a cheaper one yet or is this what I'm going to pay. Totally just currious.

Damb things are $1.99 from china but you have to wait about a month to get them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Linkmeister Supreme

Have you checked your local auto parts stores?

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Giggity!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlHossCanada View Post
Have you checked your local auto parts stores?
ltms Of course. A couple of the guy's had no clue what I was asking for & tried to direct me to standard ones. Dorks! lol Their load equalizers were rediculously priced as well concidering you need one for each bulb.

Relay is plug n' play. That's the way uh huh, uh huh, I like it uh huh, uh huh.
lol Sorry, it was in my head.,

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck69 View Post
ltms Of course. A couple of the guy's had no clue what I was asking for & tried to direct me to standard ones. Dorks! lol Their load equalizers were rediculously priced as well concidering you need one for each bulb.

Relay is plug n' play. That's the way uh huh, uh huh, I like it uh huh, uh huh.
lol Sorry, it was in my head.,
Kanuck: couple of things.

First: I added load equalizers and it only takes one per side. I believe they were $5 at radio shack. 1ohm 50 watt.

Second: I ordered a couple of items from ebay, last was the gauge cluster I recently posted about. It actually took only 8 days to get in. They are very quick to ship their items and they typically send them express mail.

If you still want the LED relay, sorry I can't help you with that but hope someone will soon.

Good luck

Louie

1995 VN750 - Work in Progress
2001 BN125 - Learning Bike
2004 GL1800 - All Done
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 08:58 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to cglennon
If you are referring to the blinker/flasher relay, then most, if not every, auto, rv and trucking supply store will carry them. Look for a NO LOAD, electronic flasher relay with the same plug configuration as the OEM thermal flasher. They usually run approx. $9-$12.

p.s. DO NOT add thermal resisters to the circuit. That just defeats the purpose of using LED's in the first place. Just replace the flasher with a NO LOAD equivalent.

Chris Glennon - Portland, OR
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglennon View Post
If you are referring to the blinker/flasher relay, then most, if not every, auto, rv and trucking supply store will carry them. Look for a NO LOAD, electronic flasher relay with the same plug configuration as the OEM thermal flasher. They usually run approx. $9-$12.

p.s. DO NOT add thermal resisters to the circuit. That just defeats the purpose of using LED's in the first place. Just replace the flasher with a NO LOAD equivalent.
Cglennon: from my perspective, LED lighting is brighter for others to see you. I side beneift (small IMO) is the reduced load to the electrical circuit. others will most likely disagree but that's why we live in the USA. Agree to disagree.

Louie

1995 VN750 - Work in Progress
2001 BN125 - Learning Bike
2004 GL1800 - All Done
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Giggity!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cglennon View Post
That's pretty much the conclusion I came to last night. So many of the sites I was browsing looking for answers on gave to technical of answers to dirive the conclusion I needed.

So, I just need to make a trip to the stores & don't rely on the moron on the other end of the phone. I guess that makes me the dork! lol I knew better than to trust them. lol
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 09:50 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to cglennon
Quote:
Originally Posted by lphernan View Post
Cglennon: from my perspective, LED lighting is brighter for others to see you. I side beneift (small IMO) is the reduced load to the electrical circuit. others will most likely disagree but that's why we live in the USA. Agree to disagree.
Absolutely agree that LEDs are brighter and better than incandescent bulbs. I have converted all 4 turn signals, brake/running and license plate to LEDs. Even added a second LED brake to the back of the sissy bar. I receive positive comments on their visibility all the time.

Also, converting all 4 turn signals to LED saves about 100-ish watts of power. I think that is a pretty decent savings, give the VN750's limited (and fickle) power generation capabilities.

What I do not understand the suggestion of spending $10 for thermal resisters, that consume and waste power, have to be spliced into the circuit and add absolutely no electrical value, rather than $10 for a plug-n-play electronic flasher relay.

Chris Glennon - Portland, OR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement