LED Replacement lights other thoughts - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Clint '89

LED Replacement lights other thoughts

I was having a discussion with a few of the other members today about relocating the Voltage Regulator, and replacing with a Mosfet, (Chip) a few other conversations had been on my mind including getting more voltage from the stator, keeping the Regulator cool by "degoating", and replacing the incandescent bulconversation, so that we can get more electrical capacity from the machines.

So in an attemp to keep the information organized in some way here's a link to a website that sells the LED equipment; as well as a link to the original conversation for anyone that found this helpful.

http://www.breyn.com/vn750/ledtaillights.htm

https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthrea...363#post179363

"Someone once told me that watching the birds fly, made them want to go on a journey."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 10:31 PM
Wareagle1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourselfish View Post
I was having a discussion with a few of the other members today about relocating the Voltage Regulator, and replacing with a Mosfet, (Chip) a few other conversations had been on my mind including getting more voltage from the stator, keeping the Regulator cool by "degoating", and replacing the incandescent bulconversation, so that we can get more electrical capacity from the machines.

So in an attemp to keep the information organized in some way here's a link to a website that sells the LED equipment; as well as a link to the original conversation for anyone that found this helpful.

http://www.breyn.com/vn750/ledtaillights.htm

https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthrea...363#post179363
sorry, but I didn't see the kit for our bike.

2003 VN750 de-goated
Kuryakyn ISO Grips
Kuryakyn LED Voltmeter
coastered
R/R relocated
Slipstreamer Hellfire windshield
Shindengen Mosfet R/R
Kawasaki Engine Guard
Fire & Steel Footpegs
Need Knifemaker to make me a seat like his

Hickory, NC
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Clint '89

Ok so what I see here is that these were once made by a company called Clear Alternatives which no longer exists but their stock is all over the web still. The 750 takes a 1157 there are several options try to find one for under $60 Dollars that's an exact match or buy one with the same bulb size, pray it fits or try to make your own. Which if you google should turn up a result, with a how to.

& from what I've read these glow red last for over 100,000 hours and are really quite bright.
Most of the company's still offer the board and a new lense in clear or smoke.

"Someone once told me that watching the birds fly, made them want to go on a journey."

Last edited by ourselfish; 06-30-2011 at 06:01 AM.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Clint '89

Bump!

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 11:36 PM
Sparky!!!

Garage
the 1100 Sereis LEDs suck... get teh board for the VN1500 88... and then get a VN1500 88 tail light assembly... you will be a lot happier, also for your dash lights.. make a new back plate and go to Radio Shack and pick up some LEDs a lot cheaper to make your own, then put in the replacement LEDs...plus using the replacement LEDs isn't andy better than using the stock type bub.. ohh and one more thing.. you have to run an electronic turnsignal flashing unit instead of the thermal one that comes stock on the vn750.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Clint '89

Well thanks Slim it means a lot.

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2011, 05:48 AM
Heading to the DARKSIDE!

For the Clear Alternatives Vulcan 750 tail light led board, go to www.motolume.com They are now selling the tail light replacement board. I have this board installed on my bike with a clear taillight lens. I am very happy with it. It has never given me any trouble in the 1.5 + years that I have had it installed.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 07:36 PM

http://stores.motolume.com/-strse-35....bok?category= is the direct link to the LED taillight board. It's now using "PCB-0046-L" as a part number instead of "LED-46-L". I didn't see it in their menu, only when I searched for "Vulcan" and dug through the results.

https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16474 has some videos of my CA taillight. I haven't had mine as long as Bret, but my buddy described it as "bright as s#!t" and it's given me no problems whatsoever.

As Slim said, you'll need an electronic "no-load" flasher for LED turn signals (the old thermal ones interpret the lower load of an LED as a burned out bulb). You don't need to do anything with the flasher just to change out the taillight though.

1985 VN700 A1 (Sold) | 2009 Ninja 500R EX500D9F
VROC #32761
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 09:51 PM

Thanks for this info!!!! Can you share where you got the LED turn signals?

Also - where do I get one of the flashers and are they difficult to install?

Thanks again

Jeff
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 10:36 PM
Jack of all trades

You can get all of those from ebay if you want. just search led turnsignals. then search led flasher. Its just a matter of finding a style you like. Or you can just replace with leds in the stock housing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement