Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Jacksonville fl
Over all it was pretty easy, Getting the new R/R mounted gave me a bit of trouble because of the lack of room, un bolting the battery box helped out alot, and stuffing my socket with a bit of paper to help support the bolt, not to much where the head of the bolt wont mate up to the inside of the socket. I had a solder assist tool to help hold the wires while i soldered the lugs. One problem I had is I put the alligator clip to close to the terminal when i soldered it, You have to keep the heat on terminal a bit longer then i would of liked so the solder flows nice and you get a good connection. The insulation started to melt some which caused the alligator to start digging into the insulation. So i moved it further back when holding the other wires. Not to much with the prep, good proper tools at hand always helps with any job and keep that solder tip cleaned and tinned through out, helps greatly with heat transfer. I have not started the bike yet. This all started out as a bad stator and i decided to replace my R/R just incase the stock one contrubuted to the Stator failing. I just got antifreeze back in the engine, Oil and installing the Exhaust are next hopefully will starter-up this weekend.
Last edited by ifixf18s; 05-17-2011 at 05:06 PM.