Well, I was able to successfully swap out my stator with the method from TuxedoSeven, however I did bone out my first electrosport stator due to a mismount. I sent off to TPE for a rewind and also got a R/R from him too. Initially, I stuck with the electrosport R/R, but soon enough, I stared having die-off from dead batteries. I attempted to do a test on both R/R's from the service manual, and both of them tested completely differently. The TPE R/R only has five wires, and I wrote to TPE, and was told that this was o.k. So, I switched out to the TPE R/R and that wouldn't even make voltage in mid RPM's. The electrosport would stop making voltage after about 15 minutes, as it got warmer. Yes, they are mounted out on the frame. The question here is that when I would do an AC voltage test on the TPE rewound stator, at higher rpm's, I would get up to 90 volts of output. Is it possible that this higher voltage output is damaging the R/R, and if so, is there something I can put in line to reduce the voltage, such as a 'pre-resistor'. Under normal mid rpm's the stator would put out about 75 volts. Finally, I'd like your opinions on a good R/R. I'm sure the electrosport is correct, as it also had the correct plugs, but I hate the CA sales tax...ha ha!