Working on the stator, couldn't figure this out from the other threads
Here are the facts:
1. Engine off, battery voltage 12.5-12.6
2. Idling, battery voltage 11.6-11.9 (Increases with rpm)
3. Tested the yellow leads coming from the stator- NOTHING
4. All lights and gauges are working.
5. As the bike runs, battery slowly but surely drains
So my question is, if the stator isn't working at all, giving 0 volts, then how are the headlight, highbeam, signals, etc. still working and why is the battery voltage increasing with rpm? If it's completely dead then all that should not be happening, right?
Or am i just testing it wrong? I tested yellow lead to yellow lead for all 3 and got absolutely nothing with the voltage meter set to 200 volt range dc.