Flasher help please - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2010, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Flasher help please

Ok I have a 1991 Vulcan 750, and the rear blinkers were a mess when I bought the bike used, but they worked fine. I ended up replacing my rear blinker lights with some LED blinkers, (without changing the original flasher in the bike) since they had started to fall apart. The LEDs worked fine for about a week or two no problems, then the flasher stopped working, I look to see whats wrong and it's melted, obviously the LEDs must have gotten to it. So I buy some OEM blinkers to replace the LEDs and got a new electronic flasher, and yet the flasher still isn't working, so I tried getting an old original flasher used for the same exact bike, and still the flasher dosn't work. I got the volt meter out and there does seem to be a full 12v of power still running to the flasher. My two running lights up front still work, the flasher seems to be the only thing not working.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2010, 12:10 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
firts off, the LED's won't draw enough power to melt the flasher unit... with that out of the way... Is the orange wire running to the turn signal switch, Orange Green going to the RLU (reserve lighting unit), and Black/Yellow running to ground? DOes your hi-beam work?
Old 07-11-2010, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Ok, just checked all that this morning and yup, the wires are where they should be and the high beam does still work. Do you think it could still be the reserve lighting unit? The connector going to it becomes warm to the touch with the key on, I don't know if a bit of heat build up is normal or not for it, but it is not getting warm enough to melt anything.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

I figured it out, thanks for trying to help though. Aparently I somehow managed to buy two bad flashers in a row, from two completely different sources none the less. I ended up just going to autozone and buying an EP34 flasher and it all worked fine.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
glad to hear you got it fixed...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement