startor replacment ?'s - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

startor replacment ?'s

alright in about 2 weeks it looks like ill be replaceing my stator and had a few things to ask. i have a friend thats a member of a local biker crew helpnig me. he is there resident mechanic .

1. what numbers should be pushing out? when i tested it last it was 30 across all 3 wires. the middle wire would run 29.6 or so.
2. im looking to just order a new one i dont have that much time to mail it in for a rebuild im looking to spend about 140 to 200$ any recommendations?

also while were in there is there any tips on what to look out for or tricks people have used in the past to make it smoother?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

You need to either pony up the $ for a stock stator, which is the best available commercially made option ($322.05 + shipping at cheapcyclyparts.com), or get a better than original rebuilt stator from Tim Perrot Interprises for a fraction of that. The other stators out there are primarily Chinese made junk, and you are wasting your time buying one. A member here went that route and had to replace it within 200 miles! If you are impatient, find a used stator, send it to Tim, ride close to home and charge your battery after every ride. When your rebuilt stator comes in, Tim will buy your old one if it is rebuildable.

You get to ride (close to home) and wind up with a better-than-original stator for cheap.

While I was in there, I would replace the balance dampers. If yours is one of the early models with the shifter rod that is prone to fail, that should also be replaced.

I'm keepin' all the left over parts. I'm gonna use 'em to build another bike!

Old Blue
2001 Honda CMX250 Rebel acquired July, 2008

1987 VN750 project bike, acquired August, 2009, 33,000 miles and balancer sticking out of the case, currently awaiting attention and parts

Last edited by flitecontrol; 06-25-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement