Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Question left turn sig. and horn not working???

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  OceanTwo 
#1 ·
Any ideas my left turn signal and horn do not work on my 85 vn 700? The bulbs are good front and back it does not work with the hazzard lights on either any helpful ideas would be great thanks!!!

#2 ·
The horn is pretty straightforward (I think) - it works off the lefthand controls and you can look at the power and ground leads on the back of each horn. If the leads are connected, the issue is with your LH control.

The left turn signals are a little trickier - do you have lights at all front/rear on the left side, or are you getting nothing at all? If there's lights but no flashing, two options to explore: LH controls again (since that's where you're going to activate the flash unit) and the flash relay itself, which sits to the rear left of the battery box. If you have no lights front, check the leads to the left front signal (pull the headlamp and see what's going on there); if no lights to the rear, pull the seat and check your connections there.

#4 ·
When I added turn signals to my bike, I believe the right turn signals did not/would not work.

There was a splice (gray wire for right signal) in the loom from the controls to the connector just below the tank on the left hand side. I found that was broken. It looks like there's also a splice for the left signal - dark green wire.

The splice splits the wire so that it can wire back up into the hazard switch.

You'll need a meter to check that wiring loom and chase things down, as well as the wiring diagram. There's a big connector under the tank which can be a pain to get to, as well as the connector/relay under the seat as already mentioned.

If the horn isn't working either, it may be the connector under the tank isn't seated properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.