Ignition switch / starter / button ? - Page 5 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-04-2020, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spockster View Post
'welcome. With the RPM/clutch action, you should notice it trying to move the bike if the cable is hanging, or gnashing into 1st gear. Air leaks can cause rpm hang, and little things like a bit of clutch action can pull it back down.

Cross reference is tedious, and for now, my reasearching is severely limited. As are typo corrections and memory recall accuracy. Beware. Trust, but verify.

You look up your paret number at favorite parts retialer, not ebay though. Tehn you can look at ebay and waht other bikes have turned up in your part number and part name searches. Part number is sometimes the only way you find something on ebay. So then you take the donor bike model tot he parts fische site and see if this bike shares the part number on your bike. Easy as pulling teeth. Clear as mud?

Here's an ebay tip in the wrong thread - Use typohound.com to do an ebay search, it misspells the word 50 times for you and finds the mistakes on ebay. Talk about cheap and no bidders! Kuryakyn is the best on typohound. Damn sam! You can speel hell out of that. $150 HD parts for $20, . Hound works for anything on ebay. Tractor, bike, brazzire, bra. boulder holder, you get it.. ....
Wow! Typohound sounds awesome! I will surely try that soon! Appreciate the tips, as always! Most of the time I have no issue with the RPM's, so I won't worry too much. The bike isn't trying to crawl on me when they are up, I just feather the clutch a hair, and right back to normal it goes. Damned if I know, but until I MUST pull carb for some reason, I wont. Visually, I dont see any leaks, and since it's only that way after riding, and at a stop light, etc, I cant exactly spray the hoses looking for leaks. When it becomes a MUST, I will deal with it. Just wanna ride that SOB. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-04-2020, 03:40 PM

Can see if the boot clamps are on straight, and make sure they're snugged up, not loose at all.

Sometimes they only leak air when good and hot.

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more
__________________________________________________ ____________
Repair Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mj7z81..._Catalogue.pdf

Owner's Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nscb5f...ers+Manual.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement