I am putting the finishing touches on a stator replacement.
When I hook up the battery, turn the key on and hit the run switch, I'm seeing something I'm not sure of.
My multimeter (set to 200DCV) will get a very weak (.05) reading from my ground wire. I'll get that same reading from both my accessory ground wires and from the ground wire bullet connection which is more or less right at the negative battery terminal.
Is that normal? Is my battery toast? Do I have a short in the ground?
MF Battery, Iridium Plugs, RR relocated, Voltmeter, 170/80/15 Kenda Kruz rear tire, DIY Samsonite hard bags, DIY shaved seat with Beaded seat pad ('cause that's how I roll) and the dreaded STATOR CHANGE.
Shining Black Bess '86 VN750, retired for parts after a fried stator and being knocked (kee-runch) in her parking spot.