looking to buy shorted oem vn stators or good lead rubbers - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

Post looking to buy shorted oem vn stators or good lead rubbers

Hello everyone .. I am Tim of Tim Parrott Enterprises .. I am here to say thanks for the kind words i have received from a few of your members and to ask for your help . I am rebuilder of stators and starters for motorcycles for over 23 years. I am looking to buy, trade, deal for any shorted stators you make have laying around and are no use to you. I will pay $20 for stator wth lead rubber or $10 for either plus shipping to me. I can send your payment by paypal. If you have a paypal account, mail you a company checkor moneyorder. I perfer papal. so both parties are protected .
I believe rebuilding is a form of recycling. Also I don't believe in importing cheap stators. It rebuilding only oem stators unless it is for a customer who sends it in to be rebuilt . So this is why i am looking to you guys/gals. I have lost a lot of my vn stator cores due to people not returning or returning aftermarket cores after receiving a oem rebuilt Kawasaki stator from me. I will not have a few thousand stators made in some 3rd world country. Then wind them and sell them as new they would not be oem stators. Being like That has me down on cores . I try to work on the trust not core charge system people often don't return or return a aftermarket . When that happens i try to get them to pay a core chargeor send in the due core . however some never do. That means i am at a loss and i have to track down cores to replace them . I like/need to have cores on hand rewound for customers to save time . If anyone has any and wish to pass them on to some one who can use them i would be highly grateful.
o'yes and one note some people fail to know is a rewound stator is as good or better as a new aftermarket stator in my opinion. what are the differences? To be called a new stator the core has to be rewound only one time with all new meterials. aftermarket means they had the stator stamped/or made it an not a oem core /stator. a rebuilt like what i do .. I strip the stator bare of all wire and coating ,recoat, rewind with a higher grade of wire and use new lead wire and connectors. The only parts i reuse are the bare metal stator core and the lead rubber . I did not come here to sell you guys anything.just looking to aquire stators . if you have any stator questions feel free to ask glad to pass on testing knowledge free .send info to [email protected] thanks for your time and God bless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 07:01 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
Hey Tim, sounds like a good deal. I hear you do a great job on stators. There need to be more shops like you around. If I had a core or two laying around I would defiantly send it your way. But I don't have any at the moment.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 05:35 AM

Hi Parrot, I do not understand your message well, I think you do to repair damaged stators?
If so, I just unmount my VN750 and was thinking about rebuilding, but Spain can not find who engages in it. I think I compensated enviarltelo and prepare you?. If you can tell me what can cost with shipping included you agraderia.
Sorry for the translation, a greeting and I hope your answer.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 02:33 PM
Calif Rider

Checking out Tim's web page, his price is very good. Looks like any stator is about 66.00 to rewind and 10.00 to ship, then on top of that he gives a good 2 year waranty on the stator. It is sure a lot better than most that or on Ebay or else where. Just my 2cents.

2004 25,500 miles
Led tail light enhancement
Homemade floor boards
Headlight modulator
Extra heat sink on R+R
R+R relocation
Homemade driver's backrest
Fused Stator
Mcct conversion-cost 4.50
Ride-on in tires
crash bar with home made hyway pegs
iridium plugs