Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

turnsignal conversion

well , i did my turnsignal conversion last week end. couldnt get the camera
for pictures whil i was installing it so i will let you know how easy it wasnt.

the kit i got was from electrical connection. in the destructions it say to just run the wires thru the stems. well wit the side mount bulb like our bikes have there is now way to run it thru the socked and get the wire and bulb to fit at the same time. so with a little head scratching i got the idea of drilling a hole thru the housing and into the stem.something i learned with the first atempt.
in my haist to get started, i didnt pull the wires from the stem before i started drilling . yep , i cought one of the wires with the drill bit. so after soldering the wire back together i finley got the hole big enough to feed the wire in . the second one was easier. had to clip a little off of the little hold down clip so that it wouldnt pinch the wire but it all worked out .

so far from what i can see , the running light part wont be that much help during the daytime , but the brake light part is bright enough to bee seen .

the wirering part is pretty easy. it just adds a little bulk to the wirering harness that you have to tuck in here and there.
on a scale of one to ten i give it an eight for instalation. if i can get the camera from the wife i will post a picture of where i drilled the hole for the wires .

all in all it wasnt too hard , it just made me think. and being when i called the manufature to talk about his product before i bought it , he told me the hardest part was going to get the wires run thru the stems, he was right .
if anyone has any questions about the kit i will try to answer them

DRAGONRIDER
RIDE LONG AND RIDE SAFE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Love My Baby

I've been putting off converting my turns to LED because I was not certain about threading the wires through the rear stems to convert them to running/brake/turn lights, too. Now I know I won't buy the combo rear lights. I plan to convert all 4 turns to LED, keeping the rear turns just that, turn signals only. But I plan to convert the front turns to Eclipzed style, where the normal brightness is 100% bright, and turn signaling is blinking off. This is different from the normal brightness being about 50% and blinking to 100% when signaling. The eclipzed style gives you much more visibility to oncoming traffic.

Rubyrick

MY BABY...
'05 VN750
16,000 miles +
Kawi tank bib
Kawi rear rack
Small windshield
DEKA M/F battery
VN750.com Grill Cover
LED license plate frame
Clear Alternatives LED brake light
Cortech mini tank bag on rear rack
Pirelli MT66 Tires: 110 front / 150 rear
Splines lubed when tires installed at 10,650 miles
Splines lubed again at 14,400 with stubby valve stem install

Place your mouse on the X below and drag to the O

X
Even though you can't see Him, GOD is there! O
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

dont get me wrong, the kit is good , it uses the origanal bulbs for the turn signle, the led is add on , and the good thing about it is you dont have to buy the load equalizer as you would if you totaly converted to led.

DRAGONRIDER
RIDE LONG AND RIDE SAFE

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Do you have a link to the kit you bought?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

http://http://electricalconnection.c...star&sport.htm
this is the one i go t. if you check the dealer section there are a coulple here in michigan.

DRAGONRIDER
RIDE LONG AND RIDE SAFE
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

yea, i got the same kit. i notched the litte black plastic base of the socket to run the wires through the stem. worked pretty good.

Jeff Brooks
Owensboro KY
'94 Vulcan 750

http://youtube.com/user/cm4cm5
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 12:15 PM
Adventuregeek

My kit's in limbo

At this time (05-04-09) be advised that the kit I ordered from them a month ago still has not shipped. I got an immediate e-mail saying he was out of parts, and nothing since.

If you were considering an online order you might want to e-mail and see if he's actually got any first.

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Coastered, R&R relocation, MCCT's, Koso mirrors, Memphis Shades windshield, Mutazu GA hard bags, big monkey in the saddle. ATGATT: Olympia AST hi-viz jacket, Recon 2 (convertible) pants
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

you should check to see if there is a dealer in your area. i did and got it cheaper than ordering it online. when you get it the install isnt that difficult. you have to drill or notch out the stem so the wires will fit thru but otherwise its not that bad.
dont expect too much from it during the day , not too bright . but at night it works great.

DRAGONRIDER
RIDE LONG AND RIDE SAFE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement