Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

big smile!

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  fartin'martin 
#1 ·
I have a huge smile on my face now. After cruising this site I took yall's advice and replaced plugs(NGK Iridiums) plug caps, and battery(Exide mf amg #sc14ahl-fa) My bike has never started so easily!!! I LOVE IT. All the wasted time and anxiety I have put up with are gone. but on to the next question. I want to replace the plug wires also. the dealer says they only come with the coil attatched($90) Whats the best way to go? buy a set for a car and cut off the ends? Is there another set for a bike that will fit?

#2 ·
#3 ·
I have checked at several auto shops and was told they are not allowed to sell plug wire by rthe foot. Havent tried a mower shop though.

#8 ·
I love that, not ALLOWED. Thats cuz they make more money selling everything in kits. It was only 10 years ago I needed a single spark plug wire, I went to the store and they have wire in every length needed. Now I know that dual over-head cam engines have a different setup with the deep wells, but still its baloney.

#4 ·
PM Sent!! :beerchug:

#6 ·
Big Smile

If you get copper ht lead you can cut off the old ones leaving about 3" on the coils and connect the new stuff to them using in-line connectors. (Sometimes sold as in-line radio suppressors). It always worked on my old GS550

#7 ·
If you get copper ht lead you can cut off the old ones leaving about 3" on the coils and connect the new stuff to them using in-line connectors. (Sometimes sold as in-line radio suppressors). It always worked on my old GS550
The wires are not made into the coils and are easily removed. :beerchug:

#9 ·
Tell me about it. I was dumbfounded when the counter person at the auto parts place said they didnt have wire.

#10 ·
Greetings Lance!

As a new VN750 virgin who doesn't pick up his bike till the 28th, I just assumed that all jap coils of this era were sealed! Doh!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.