Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Blinker Question

2K views 26 replies 4 participants last post by  mmart 
#1 ·
One of my 2 kids broke my left front blinker - from the pics, is it salvageable with super glue/tape until I can order a replacement? Are these hard to install with wire splicing, or something simpler like a plug and play? I was thinking about replacing all 4 soon, so now may be a good time if it's not mechanically challenging. Any replies are appreciated!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Glue isn't going to touch that. Making a splint with a couple rods (nails, wooden dowls, etc) and some heavy duty tape should hold for a good while though.
The wires have bullet connectors, so they're easy to swap out.

#3 ·
I broke one recently and I made a temp fix with a metal pin and gorilla tape. But that really only kept it from flapping until my replacements came. The housing just has to be twisted vertically and it’ll come out. The wires should have bullet connectors so you shouldn’t have to splice anything

#6 ·
I got my replacements from Partzilla.com, not the cheapest option out there but they’re OEM and that’s what I was looking for. The bullet connectors should be on the wiring that’s on the bike, the signal should have the male end and the bike wiring is the female end.

#26 ·
one of the most practical things on the moto are the helmet locks - it frustrates me sometimes that my cases are blocking them. sometimes i ride without the cases, sometimes i throw the helmet in the top case. sometimes i leave it on my tall headrest and dare someone to take it!!

#27 ·
Search the forum, other folks who have moved the blinkers also have the locks moved. I barely use them to be honest, that’s simply because I live in the city and if someone wants my helmet it wouldn’t be hard to snip the strap. That was the main reason for getting the top box so I didn’t have to carry the helmet into the office.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.