Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Post Pin 10 on junction box

For those who are curious, pin 10 on the junction box (undocumented, and labelled as "O" on the 10-pin connector in the connection diagrams), it is electrically equivalent to pin 8 on the 8-pin connector (blue wire / headlight power out), but on a smaller gauge pin.

While this information doesn't really change the accessible functionality of the junction box, since anyone who needed to could have just spliced in to pin 8. After doing the blue-wire mod, pin 8 effectively removed from all service, so having additional access to that part of the circuitry is even less useful.

Bikes without the blue-wire mod might be interested in adding a normally-off push button low current input to pin 10, which would simulate a pulse from the stator, latching the headlight relay "on" leaving it on for as long as the ignition was 'on' even if the engine is not running. This could be done while leaving all of the other headlight-related wiring untouched (headlight would be off when first turning the bike on, but it would still turn on automatically once engine is started, unlike the previous mods that have added a toggle switch to the headlight).

Alternately, pin 10 could be used as a low-current output wire that turns on along with the headlight for god-knows-what (led strip?) instead of splicing into the blue wire.

Chances that this will ever be used for something is minuscule, but now the information is out there.

1992 US-nonCA * tuxedo mod * r/r relocated

Vulcan slang for newcomers
Service Manual Download
Wiring Diagram + annotations * still undergoing revisions, but still more useful than the generic one. Let me know if you find mistakes or think something additional should be added
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:36 PM

How do I hook up my selenoid on my Vulcan 750 there is a black an yellow wire an a yellow an black an there a white an blue one the cdi click but won't turn the starter wat wires do I hook up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement