Hey all. Recently broke down on the highway. New battery just recently installed prior to this by the previous owner. Lost all electrical power, couple of backfires. Stopped and smelled burning electronics. Couldn't see smoke due to the traffic passing me causing wind. Fast forward to today, installed new battery. Fired off the bike. Let it warm and tested voltage at the battery. 17v @ 3500rpm followed by the R/R smoking and the wires to it hot. In my experience, resistance causes excessive heat. Will test stator and R/R but has anyone had a R/R burn up like this? My assumption is failed Stator killed regulator which shorted the battery. Thx all!