Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

2 Wire Aftermarket signals as running lights?

971 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Thorn 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. Today I had to replace my old rotted out front signals. I grabbed some cheap replacements online only to realize that they only had 2 wires coming off them. I don't have running lights, speedometer lights, or a rear light on my bike anymore with these things installed! Did I screw something up wiring? Is there some kind of conversion I can do to make these work or am I screwed into having to buy new signals? Thanks a bunch.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07G97FCB1?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

#2 ·
Yes you screwed up! No there is no common conversion.
Depending on your state you may not need running lights at all and i doubt very much you would get pulled over for just that.
Just disconnecting the front running lights should not have affected anything else adversely. Check the fuse.

#3 ·
You should be able to connect just the gray and black/yellow wires to your new turn signals, as long as you don't need running lights. The blue wire should be disconnected and properly insulated on the end to prevent an accidental short. You may have blown the 'headlight fuse' if your speedometer and tail light are out. Do you have the blue wire mod done already? Does your headlight work?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.