Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

LED Lights

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  VN750Rider/Jerry 
#1 ·
One of my tail light bulbs is out. I have an LED bulb to replace it but want to know if I can do that without modification. I heard you can't on the front bulb and am concerned with the r/r's ability to dispatch excess heat to keep the stator healthy. Should I just get a regular bulb or use the LEd o have?

#4 ·
No problem changing those. I bought some cheap ones, not as bright as the incandescent. The cheap LED license plate light is nice and bright.

I can tell the previous owner had LED signals. Really small bell wire, single strand, dead-ended near the signals. And it already has the EP34 flasher.

#7 ·
As far as turn signals, the rear ones don't really draw enough current to make a difference since they are almost never on. The front ones contain running lights, which are on all the time. I doubt switching to LEDs will make any difference as far as the stator is concerned, I just prefer incandescent for everything but the headlight. I wish you could get a rear turn signal running light conversion kit with red lenses. I have one on my Sportster. So I have both the tail light and rear turn signals on all the time. Better visibility from the rear. It is illegal to have any amber light showing from the rear except turn signals. I put a cutoff switch on my headlight high beam, so I can turn my headlight off in the daytime when I use my electric gloves to avoid overloading the electrical system and running the battery down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.