New dash - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

New dash

I’m looking to replace the dash on my bike but the new instrument that came in all the wires are wrong on the plugs. Does anyone know what wires go to what in the 3 connectors that plug into the old dash inside the headlight goes to? What color wire goes to what on the bike? I can find full wire diagrams but can’t find one just for the 3 quick connects. And don’t really see them on the full diagram. Unless I’m just missing it??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 04:10 PM
2003 Vulcan 750/Sidecar

On the full wiring diagram I have, the connectors are shown as thick black bars. Use the wire colors from the old dash plugs to determine what you can hook up to the new wiring. IF the new plugs pins are the same style as the old connectors remove the dash side wires and plug the proper new wire in the old wire's place. Getting the old wire out will be a PITA. I used a large sewing inserted down the wire side to depress the locking tab.

Hope this helps. If Spockster responds, use his guidance. It will be better than mine! :~)

2003 VN750
Velorex 562 sidecar w/trunk
2-wire mod
Headlight power switch
Manual fan switch
Shingigen SH775
Blue wire mod
Yellow wire mod
RLU removed
RR moved
Voltmeter relay wired
Coils direct wired w/relay
TOC MCCTs
handicap mods:
extended foot shift
heel shifter
extended brake pedal
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 07:32 PM

Garage
Check the full diagram again, the wires are pretty clear. There's one black bar for the 5 wire connector (tach lights, tach, temp), one bar for the 9 wire connector (indicator light housing, fuel gauge), and one bar for the two wire connector (speedo lights). All the colors should be listed. Check my signature for a version with more readable letters than the raw scan.

1992 US-nonCA * tuxedo mod * r/r relocated

Vulcan slang for newcomers
Service Manual Download
Wiring Diagram + annotations * still undergoing revisions, but still more useful than the generic one. Let me know if you find mistakes or think something additional should be added
Sponsored Links
Advertisement