a really quick battery question - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

a really quick battery question

Hi All,

I have a bikemaster trugel battery in my 1994 vn750. I also have a battery tender jr. The folks at the manufacturer say it should charge the battery to 14.5 vdc. I have been charging this battery during the time I have been working on the electrical charging system and todate, It has only charged the battery up to 14.5 vdc twice. Do you all think the battery tender is bad or is this just normal? It charges to 13.2 to 13.4 vdc normally.

Thanks for your help.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 01:02 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

well, the manufacturer did say "it SHOULD", not it would.

there is always the chance the battery is going bad too.

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 08:45 AM

the tender charges up to a certain point but will let the voltage float down at the end of the charging cycle. if the lights come on the tender is good most likely, it has self testing circuitry built in.

if the battery rests around 12.7-13.0 v when taken off the tender for a few hours, then the battery and charger are good. 12v batteries should rest around 12.6-13.0 v when fully charged and in good health.

Earshave+Rejet (38/135) NGK Iridiums MCCT Conversion Slipstreamer S03 Windshield Custom Extended Backrest Custom Highway Bars MOSFET R/R LED Underglow Volt+USB In-Dash Two-Wire & Blue-Wire Mod Satin Black Engine Paint Dampers Parts - Jets: Main=99101-393(#132 stock)/Pilot=n424-22 Pilot(#38 stock)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubertalldude View Post
the tender charges up to a certain point but will let the voltage float down at the end of the charging cycle. if the lights come on the tender is good most likely, it has self testing circuitry built in.

if the battery rests around 12.7-13.0 v when taken off the tender for a few hours, then the battery and charger are good. 12v batteries should rest around 12.6-13.0 v when fully charged and in good health.
Thank you,

I spoke with deltran this morning and based on what you said and what they said about the gelcel application everything is working just like it is supposed to. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement