RR & Stator Test Results
Originally Posted by lance328
Male is from the harness and female is from your regulator.
With everybody's input I did the following:
* CONNECTOR: replaced the melted plastic connector from RR to
Stator; joined all 6 wires at female connector to RR
[2 wires were incorrectly individually wired bypassing
the plastic connector]
* STATOR voltage: vac test of 3 yellow stator wires: approx 18 vac
at idle and approx 69 vac at 4k rpm for all 3 wires
* STATOR Resistance: meter set at 2k scale or 200 scale; red probe
on yellow wire; blk probe on engine case: no reading
all 3 wires--is this infinity?
* STATOR wires in front of battery: individually connected;
connections seem strong, clean, not burned, and
covered with shrink wrap
* REGULATOR Resistance: per Clymer diagram pages 294/295 no
readings at all between any G, B, M or A1, A2, A3
[Example: red probe on G and black probe on B]
What does this mean? What should I do next?
Thanx in advance!