Starter Relay - 2 pin connector - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Starter Relay - 2 pin connector

The starter relay has a two pin electrical connector with a B/Y wire and a Y/R wire. Does it matter how the connector is connected since it can be turned over and connected either way? Got a little forgetful when replacing the relay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 08:33 PM

Garage
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechMech View Post
The starter relay has a two pin electrical connector with a B/Y wire and a Y/R wire. Does it matter how the connector is connected since it can be turned over and connected either way? Got a little forgetful when replacing the relay.
EDITED;
As if sitting on bike looking down at mine from above, with Battery Cable and Cable to Starter connections near the top, the lower smaller two pin white spaded connector has the B/Y towards rear of bike, the Y/R on terminal towards the front of bike.

....hope this helps

WilliamTech3

Originally WilliamTech
Since May 2011
86 VN750 13,700 mi -Stock -Purchased 2008 w/8800mi
Replaced ALL Cables . Kuryakyn LED Voltmeter
Jardine Fwd Controls, Custom Fenders w/Rails
Iridiums DPR7EIX-9 & Wires, Tuxedo Mod, Coil Mod, P/U Sensor Mod, Fork Seals,
Splines Lubed - 11/4/2012 - MF AGM Battery, Dampers went out @ 13+K !
After TOC MCCT's..... so amazingly quiet I discovered a rattling heat shield on my stock exhaust !

...have a Vulcan good day !

Last edited by WilliamTech3; 05-14-2018 at 10:10 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for your response. I don't know if your relay is mounted differently, but mine is mounted on its side. Sitting on the bike looking down, all of the connections are pointed toward the rear of the bike. Let's try this: Looking at the connections on the relay with the two "spade" connections below the two "pole" connections (the two pole connections being the battery cable and cable to the starter connections), which wire would be on the left and which on the right? Sorry to take so much time with this but I appreciate your help.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

I looked at the relay again and now think I understand when you described the battery cable and cable to starter connections "near" the top. They are more in the middle and the connections I am concerned about are at the bottom. So B/Y would be on the left and Y/R would be on the right. It turns out I understood your original post well enough. Again, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement