After replacing my stator my bikes not charging. When I checked the first stator it had high resistance on one leg and almost no output on that leg. I did the tuxedo mod with the premade plays and that went smooth. Made sure there was no contact during the install. Now the stator tests at .5 ohm between all three legs. When running I'm getting about 11.75 v at idle and 33 v at 4k rpm at the three yellow wires. I'm figuring that if the stator tests ok which I think it does then maybe my problem is weak magnets in the rotor. The bike is an 89 with about 11k miles if that makes a difference. If anyone had another idea I'm open to suggestions before trying to tear open the engine and replace the rotor.
Last edited by Andeo1025; 04-13-2018 at 11:38 PM.