Electrexusa stator and RR info - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Electrexusa stator and RR info

As most who will come to know and love their Vulcan 750, they will face the fact that the electrical charging system is - shall we say - "conservative". Here is some info on an aftermarket part for if the time comes to replace your stator - ( a trip to the dentist would be more fun ). Here is some backround info that drove me to look into other options for the charging system:

I've been modifying my '02 to be a poor man's Gold Wing and in the process have come to be in need of more raw, gut busting amperage. The extra driving lights, extra brake and turn signal lights, and a 200 watt stereo system amplifier requires me to very closely monitor my voltage level / amperage usage with my installed voltmeter. ** HIGHLY recommended to have a voltmeter installed on this bike ***

The stock stator will realistically put out about 21 amps, maybe up to 24 amps at 8000 rpm when the moon is aligned with Venus. I've been in contact with Electrexusa recently and they tell me the current Electrexusa G-05 will put out about 26 amps, which is about 25% over stock. The original RR can handle the stock output, and "maybe" the increased output of the G-05.

They are making a new model called DeltaForce. This new unit will put out 30-33A. They are still in pre-production and it "might" be available sometime in August. You will have to replace the stock RR with their new model Regulator Rectifier at the same time as the stock unit will burn up with the increased amperage.

Here is the website for Electrex: http://www.electrexusa.com/electrex_stators.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 09:24 PM

Question Re: Electrexusa stator and RR info

I have seen several post about moving the R/R, but can anyone tell me if this would void the warranty? If so I figure I should wait until that is over, unless the warranty would not cover the replacing of the stator.

Steve "Fallguy" Fall
Parsons, TN
'04 VN750 "Serenity"
Willie and Max Saddlebags
Ride Bell from Lady Di
Kaw Luggage Rack
Westco MF Batt
Kaw Extended Backrest
http://personalpages.tds.net/~sfall
Pics http://photos.yahoo.com/stevfal
(KIR)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 07:17 AM

Re: Electrexusa stator and RR info

seems like I heard somebody say thier dealer moved the RR for them, in this case it should not void warrenty, however moving it yourself might, So if it were me I would wait until warrenty expired, or inquire at the dealer of your concerns, maybe they will "fix it " for you?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 12:11 PM

Post Re: Electrexusa stator and RR info

I called the place this morning that I bought my bike from in Feb. The service person I spoke with wasn't familiar with the problem with the R/R, but said he thought it would void the warranty if I moved it myself. His suggestion was to leave it as is while it is under warranty as it would cover a problem with the stator of something did go wrong and then I could move the R/R after the warranty expired if I wanted to. So I am hoping that getting a MF battery as soon as I can will be good, at least for now.

Steve "Fallguy" Fall
Parsons, TN
'04 VN750 "Serenity"
Willie and Max Saddlebags
Ride Bell from Lady Di
Kaw Luggage Rack
Westco MF Batt
Kaw Extended Backrest
http://personalpages.tds.net/~sfall
Pics http://photos.yahoo.com/stevfal
(KIR)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 05:54 PM

Send a message via MSN to IASKRU12
Re: Electrexusa stator and RR info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallguy
I called the place this morning that I bought my bike from in Feb. The service person I spoke with wasn't familiar with the problem with the R/R, but said he thought it would void the warranty if I moved it myself. His suggestion was to leave it as is while it is under warranty as it would cover a problem with the stator of something did go wrong and then I could move the R/R after the warranty expired if I wanted to. So I am hoping that getting a MF battery as soon as I can will be good, at least for now.
Getting the MF should eliminate a large part of any potential. It has been theorized that the problem might actually be the R/R getting hot enough to cook the battery and that is the real problem. All the moisture gets cooked off because the R/R gets hot and can't cool off down their right above the goat's belly. The moisture delete battery can't perform per specs and it starts the problems that way. Just a theory, YMMV.

Mike
Bellevue, WA
'96 Vulcan 750 'Hanchi'
VROC#11903
Sponsored Links
Advertisement