Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - Replacing Fork Seals Video
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 08:18 PM
OlHossCanada
Linkmeister Supreme

Hey Roach, good job. I`ve read the manual and lance`s sticky a few times, but nothing beats seeing the job actually performed. Even when you get a few things out of order. lol

My dust seals are disintegrating but I think the oil seals are still OK. But since my scoot is 20 years old I figure it`s time for for a complete service/oil change/rebuild of the forks anyway. I have a complete set of oil and dust seals already and the new cir-clips for the top of the inner slider tube are at the dealers. The first clips they sent me were the big ones for the oil seal in the lower slider tube. Did you replace both sets of cir-clips, or just the smaller diameter ones at the top of the fork tubes?

I`m curious about the condition of the fork oil too. Was it stinky or foamy or milky like it had any water contamination? Or did it come out looking pretty clean?

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome