Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Need name and part number of a hose

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  J.D. 
#1 ·
Well after being away for a while, finally got back on the bike and did the rear spline lube. After going over everything well i noticed that the rubber hose that comes out of the side towards the top of the rear cyclinder is cracking. What is the exact name and if anyone has the part number and where i could get it would be great. Thanks alot this forum is great.

#2 ·
I can definately help you out here but need to clarify. Do you mean the coolant hose that connects to the rear cyl. head with the little curved tube???

#4 ·
kaw PN : 39062-1102 : hose-cooling if you need new protectors (look like springs wrapped around the tube their part number is: 49124-1051. Hope this helps!

#6 ·
Ok so the picture is a bit to tiny to make out but I think the hose you want is whats coming off the reed valve assem. Im going to do some digging and see if I cant track that part number down.

#7 ·
KAW PT # is 92059-1618, This is the hose that connects from the reed valve assem. to the air cut off switch. I personally do not have that stuff on mine anymore to check so please double check before ordering. Im 99 percent positive this is what you need.

#11 ·
Isn't that one of the mods. that a lot do, block with a plate or marble the reed valve...???
You might check that out...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

#12 ·
#13 ·
Thanks for your help guys, Just a quick question though. If I go the coaster route, do you use any gasket material around the edge to ensure a good seal. Also does that whole assembly that the hoses go to serve any purpose or can I remove that from the bike as well. I read through the verses but i was still a little confused on that.

#14 ·
You can use Red RTV to make a new gasket, or just use one of the gaskets in there currently if they are in good shape. That is what I did. There are two on each side

Secondly, you will no longer need the hoses, or the seperator, disc like thing under the seat that hoses go to, but you will need to plug off the vacuum port on the right side carb, as well as plug off the large hose the seprator attaches to that connects to the surge tank.

That larger hose needs to stay unless you do an ear-shave at which point it can be removed.

#15 ·
That larger hose needs to stay unless you do an ear-shave at which point it can be removed.
Or you can pick up a 1" rubber freeze plug at a parts house and put it into the grommet in the bottom of the surge tank/airbox where the hose plugs in. Patience; it's a bitch to get in the first time. Loosen the nut enuff that the rubber slides on the bolt a bit, and you may have to wet the freeze plug and the grommet to make it slide easier. Once it's in, hold the backing washer tight to the grommet, and tighten the 1/2" nut.

I use rubber freeze plugs to close off the intakes on the engine, too, when I've got the carbs out and/or pulling an engine. Keeps crap out of the cylinder heads.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.