Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Reupholstry web page

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  J.D. 
#1 ·
Someone posted a link to a page that described the motorcycle seat reupholstry process.

If you know of one please post here

#2 ·
yeah,,,mine needs doing too !. its cracked after i used some leather cleaner on it:(. im wondering if its an expensive job to have done,,i'll try and get some quotes this weekend. oh,and i'll tell em i want rid of them buttons (reservoirs) then no more wet butts. :)

#4 · (Edited)
yeah,,,mine needs doing too !. its cracked after i used some leather cleaner on it:(. im wondering if its an expensive job to have done,,i'll try and get some quotes this weekend. oh,and i'll tell em i want rid of them buttons (reservoirs) then no more wet butts. :)
Hey guys, the vn750 OEM seat is upholstered with marine grade vinyl, not leather.
However I`m not sure what kind of leather cleaner you are using, or what is in it that would crack vinyl. :confused:

Well I googled this do it your self page earlier today. Its awesome.
http://www.diymotorcycleseat.com/index.php

My uncle has an upholstry machine most upholstry leathers are thin enough, to use on a normal machine, after mine is finished ill do yours if you like it.
Are you talking about a heavy duty sewing machine vs. a home sewing machine, and making a new seat cover out of leather?

#5 · (Edited)
Muy Muy indeed! I need to finish reading the diy page, $60 will get enough leather to make some bags or pockets aswell for the outside of the painting boxes I want to add to the bike. My car failed on me about a month ago so I've put all my resources into, for the most part, sprucing up this bike. Look for new photos in my profile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.