Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Need help with Front Brake

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Toddmurdoch 
#1 ·
I accidently got air into the brake line coming out of the reservoir. I used a One Man bleeder and a quart of brake fluid trying to get pressure to the brake lever. No luck. Fluid comes out with no air bubbles. I tried bleeding the brakes the old fashion way. No luck. I have been bleeding the system for 6 hours and cannot get pressure to the brake lever. Any suggestions will be appreciated. The brake was very good until I tried to rotate the reservoir. :doh:
Jim

#2 ·
I use a short piece of hose and a big syringe to push the fluid back up through the bleeder screw to the master cylinder,be sure to not get any fluid on the paint .It is some of the best paint stripper known to man.

I think you will have to use regular bleeders for this ,since I believe the speed bleeders have a one way check valve in it.The fluid will push any air back up into the reservoir and you need to keep an eye on it and pull some out as it fills up.When you no longer see bubbles your brakes should work normally.:smiley_th

#3 ·
Thanks Denny, I'm open to any suggestions. I'm now on my second quart of brake fluid. I've got the cleanest brake lines in the history of the Vulcan.

#4 ·
This may sound crazy !!,,but it works most of the time. check you have no leaks(obviously),,,then leave the reservoir top off,then tie the brake lever to the throttle grip with reasonable pressure,,leave for a few hours (over night is better). this will allow the air bubbles to escape. undo the tie and the brakes should be working fine all being well. its never failed to work for me yet. good luck.

#5 ·
Thanks Rev, I've heard about that before. I might as well give it a try. I"ll leave it overnight.

#6 ·
I believe I would try Rev's suggestion first,if you have the time.He's right about it working most of the time,The method I suggested works well if you need to get back on the road quickly,but his is easier for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.