Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - Need help titling my VN700
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 02:01 AM Thread Starter
Joshua

Good point. I'll get 2, maybe 3 just in case.

I've spent the last 90 mins or so looking for online forms for TN and filling them out with as much info (not signing- I know to do that in front of the notary) so that when I present him with this, basically all we have to do is go to the notary and sign the PoA forms (I already have them downloaded for TN vehicles). He can even ride with me so he's not out any gas. I'm paying the fees, so he's only out a little bit of time.

I think in TN that anything over 15 yrs old is exempt from odometer requirements. I know the '86 Honda Shadow I bought after this bike I took the title (already signed by previous owner) to the county clerk, and because the Honda wasn't with me (in my garage waiting to be repaired as well) the odometer reading was left off the title that was turned in. When I got MY title for the shadow in the mail, the odometer reading portion was blank. If TN has a law against me titling the Vulcan to me, my brother will become the owner.

Thanks for all your help in this, and if anyone from TN has been through this and wants to chime in please do. You can never have too much info. Hopefully I can get this taken care of and begin rebuilding the vulcan. I found a thread on here where some guy in Georgia did this and basically ended up with a brand new showroom perfect 88 or 89 Vulcan 750. I'll be using his rebuild thread as a guideline along with the online repair manual. I do plan to replace the fenders with the GL1100 (front) and VN1500 Classic (rear) and might do an ear shave depending on if I can find decent air box boots.

And let me add, you Vulcan guys are way, WAY, WAY more helpful and assisting here than the owners over at shadow.net . Getting repair info on that Shadow has been like pulling teeth. I'm new to all this (building motorcycles- all the work on my Nighthawk was electrical and body- and titling issues) and your help and patience is definitely appreciated.

1985 Vulcan 700 (VN700A1) - 18,960 miles - bought for $600 - was told it only needed carb idle screws and fuel lines to run correctly - it used to start

1983 Honda Nighthawk 750 (CB750SC) - 30,000 miles - 95% fully restored

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome