in need of a bigger tank, better seat, and floorboards. - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

in need of a bigger tank, better seat, and floorboards.

If anyone has a bigger tank, better seat, and floorboards for sale, i will buy them...please help my back and ass...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 06:23 PM
CWO3 Navy (Retired)

Chad makes and sells floorboards:

[email protected]
Get your floor boards here http://www.chadsbike.com/floorboards.htm

The Flag on my bike honors those who serve our Country and those who have served!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 06:36 PM
The Professor

Get a Protac drivers back rest.

85 VN700 "Old Yella"

REBUILT ENGINE
CUSTOM PAINT
VANCE & HINES CRUZERS
EAR SHAVED AND RE-JETTED W/K&N'S
DUNLOP ELITE K591 FRONT & REAR
VOLTMETER
SYNTHETIC BRAKE FLUID
SYNTHETIC OIL & GEAR LUBE
PLEXISTAR 2 WINDSHIELD
SPLINES LUBED
ACCT'S GREASED W/TOC SPRINGS
COASTERD
LEATHER SADDLE BAGS
LEATHER TOOL AND ROLL BAG
PICKUP COILS GAPPED AT .018"
NGK CAP, WIRES, IRIDUMS
BARNETT FRICTION PLATES & SPRINGS
CUSTOM GRIPS, MIRRORS, LEVERS
ORIGINAL STATOR & R/R 14.5v
DEKA MF AGM ETX15L

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 06:38 PM
On His Lady Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseychris View Post
If anyone has a bigger tank, better seat, and floorboards for sale, i will buy them...please help my back and ass...
There are many threads on how to make your own seat so thats always an option. Its simple to do and very cost forgiving when you compare it to purchasing a new or even used Corbin seat. Floor boards as stated above if you dont care to make your own and as for a bigger tank well you will have to custom fit one. Fab up some brackets and the Royal Star tunnel is close to the same as our VN750's and will work.

Peace

"You came out of your mom looking like SHlT. She thought you were beautiful. Don't know what scared me most, your looks or her judgment."

Pictures of the "Ladies"
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys, already ordered floorboards from chad...curious about what i can do to the seat though wkrizan...where do i find more info? i'll check out the royal star tunnel now...gotta spend that refund on something i'll enjoy before it's gone and i dont remember how i spent it, you know?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 08:09 PM
On His Lady Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseychris View Post
thanks guys, already ordered floorboards from chad...curious about what i can do to the seat though wkrizan...where do i find more info? i'll check out the royal star tunnel now...gotta spend that refund on something i'll enjoy before it's gone and i dont remember how i spent it, you know?
Here is a pretty good write up and pics of another forum member here that made hius seat. I completed mine a while ago with the same over all thoughts as this guy did. I will have to admitt though that mine turned out better cause I did have a heat gun to stretch the vinyl when I stapled mine up. Anyways here is the link

https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9327

The Search option is fairly easily navagatable FYI

"You came out of your mom looking like SHlT. She thought you were beautiful. Don't know what scared me most, your looks or her judgment."

Pictures of the "Ladies"
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 08:39 PM
On His Lady Vulcan

Or what da heck, I happen to have two spare seats that I wanted to do something with, I can cut one down and make you a custom job like the one in the above posted thread for, I dunno, hows $250 plus shipping? I would use memory foam for the ass area and marine vinyl with your choice of color (black or black). I can take a few pictures of mine to give you referance to my work if you like. Let me know!

Peace

Pictures of the "Ladies"
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Hey, Jerseychris! Sorry for the slow reply to your email, but flitecontrol bought the Mustang off me last month. However, unless I missed it, he hasn't posted that it's the best seat since sliced bread, so you might check with him about reselling (as well as follow up on wkrizan's offer).

How much snow did you get today??

C
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 11:18 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crobins365 View Post
Hey, Jerseychris! Sorry for the slow reply to your email, but flitecontrol bought the Mustang off me last month. However, unless I missed it, he hasn't posted that it's the best seat since sliced bread, so you might check with him about reselling (as well as follow up on wkrizan's offer).

How much snow did you get today??
Well it's just been a few days since I got the tank back on and I've gone about 200 miles on the Mustang seat versus 2 on the stock seat. Really don't have much to compare it too, but my behind isn't complaining and I plan on keeping it. Thanks, Cindy.

I'm keepin' all the left over parts. I'm gonna use 'em to build another bike!

Old Blue
2001 Honda CMX250 Rebel acquired July, 2008

1987 VN750 project bike, acquired August, 2009, 33,000 miles and balancer sticking out of the case, currently awaiting attention and parts
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

that would be fantastic man, what a great help! i would love to see pics first, the ones that i saw of the other guys look good. 250 is reasonable. just let me know and i'll send out the money order or check as soon as i get my refund...lol.
It's ok Crobins, it was my fault for taking so long...things just kept coming up, and had to take a last minute flight back down south...anyway, sorry for the trouble...and thanks for everything...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement