Question about posting a link to a Vulcan for sale - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vulcan2000

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Question about posting a link to a Vulcan for sale

I'm new here, and I don't want to break any rules. There's a 2001 vn750 that I found on an out-of-state (to me) dealer website, and it's intriguing. Really low mileage and a good price. I was thinking of posting it here, to see if there are any red flags.

I called today and talked to a guy at the dealership, who said that the title was clean, that this was a single-owner bike, that they had bought it outright, and that it had been sitting for a while (hence the low mileage), so they had to bring it up to snuff. Tires, fluids, I'm pretty sure he said the word "gunk"

Anyway, I'm happy to post the link here, but I don't want anybody thinking that I'm just a guy from the dealership trying to get some free publicity. Is there a better forum for this? Or something I shouldn't do? Or should I fire away?

Also, I might not buy it, because it's still a politically sensitive topic with my wife (the idea of me getting a bike), so I'm not sure when I'm going to make the move. I also want to post it so that you guys know about it (not that you can't search for your own bikes, but still).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 07:25 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by readparse View Post
I'm new here, and I don't want to break any rules. There's a 2001 vn750 that I found on an out-of-state (to me) dealer website, and it's intriguing. Really low mileage and a good price. I was thinking of posting it here, to see if there are any red flags.

I called today and talked to a guy at the dealership, who said that the title was clean, that this was a single-owner bike, that they had bought it outright, and that it had been sitting for a while (hence the low mileage), so they had to bring it up to snuff. Tires, fluids, I'm pretty sure he said the word "gunk"

Anyway, I'm happy to post the link here, but I don't want anybody thinking that I'm just a guy from the dealership trying to get some free publicity. Is there a better forum for this? Or something I shouldn't do? Or should I fire away?

Also, I might not buy it, because it's still a politically sensitive topic with my wife (the idea of me getting a bike), so I'm not sure when I'm going to make the move. I also want to post it so that you guys know about it (not that you can't search for your own bikes, but still).
Welcome to our forum and you can be sure that many of us got into cycles later in life. I started in 2010 and am not looking at my sixty-fourth birthday next time around. I also have diabetes and the wife was totally against me riding but has now come to a point that she knows I am going to ride no matter what and she also sees how happy and content I am when I do anything involving motorcycles. I have laid the bike down twice now with the last time being on the day before my daughter's wedding. Nothing too serious either time but the second one did cause some real inner strength not to show the pain or limp walking down the aisle with my daughter. What helped to convince my wife was that my best friend was a rider for over fourty years and the wife respected him and thought he was a good influence on me well before my choice to join in the fun. He and I ride all the time now and it has been just as others have said, "Why did I wait so long before jumping on a machine? I missed out on a bunch of fun over those lost years."

Good luck on your decision and in the mean time please put your information under the Newbie Check-In heading. We all like to read a little about our new members such as their riding/wrenching experience and their location. Having that all in one posting makes it easier for anyone searching for another VN 750 owner/rider close by. Maybe it will be someone that will influence the wife in a positive manner about riding. I know you have listed some of that info here but when members do a "search" it is nice to have all in one spot. Also read the Vulcan Verses section as there is an incredible amount of information there on our particular machine which may help you in deciding if this is the right bike for you.
Thorn likes this.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement