2004 vn750 for sale - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

6Likes
  • 1 Post By OleDirtyDoc
  • 3 Post By readparse
  • 1 Post By Gaz73
  • 1 Post By readparse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

2004 vn750 for sale

I will be 79 on my next birthday in February, I am starting to think that it is time to give up the bike. If I can sell it before November I can drop the insurance and I won't have to renew the license. If I can do that I could let it go for $1500.00. It looks good runs strong shifts smoothly. It has a windshield and saddlebags. I put new fork seals in last spring. I also greased the splines. It is about as stock as they come. Its Black and silver and has 17500 miles. It could be ridden anywhere. In central Illinois there will still be a some good riding weather. I have trouble uploading pictures, but I could E-Mail or text pictures if there is any interest.

Ride Safe
Mcneuby

P.S. It is not the bike in my signature. I sold that one and bought this one a couple years ago..

New to me 2004 15k Last liscened in 2011. Stock as they come.

Last edited by Mcneuby; 10-10-2016 at 05:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 07:24 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
does it bother you to ride? I'd hate to see you give up riding when you are still able.I give you a lot of credit for riding at almost 80 but I understand if you have to give it up.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk
John Spoerer likes this.

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Riding at almost 80 yrs old

I have been blessed with good health. I can move well, have never had any back trouble and am not bothered with arthritis. I guess I have gotten along well this far I would hate to end it with something that I may have to spend the rest of my life with, which could be a week or several years. If I get it sold, I am sure there will be days when I will wish I had it back. My biggest regret is that I waited so long to get a bike. I was in my 40's before I finally got a bike. My first bike being a Suzuki GS750. For the last 5 years I keep thinking I will quit, and sell my bike. Then the weather gets nice and I have bought another one. This time I think I am ready to park it for good.

Ride Safe
Mcneuby

New to me 2004 15k Last liscened in 2011. Stock as they come.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 04:32 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
hope I'm still riding at your age.God bless you

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 08:04 PM

Good luck with the sale and the continued good health. I'm only 32 and I feel like I'm falling apart haha.

2007 Kawi ninja-sold
1990 Vulcan 750-sold
2001 Honda Sabre 1100-wrecked then sold
2013 Victory Highball
Ride on wolf
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 08:52 PM

Sounds great for the price, you are going to make someone local very happy.
If I could've found one in your condition and price I'd have been a excited man

Good luck on sale and good on you for preparing and gracefully dealing and prepping for phases we all experience in life.

2002 vn750
AGM battery, Shinko 230 tires oversized front
Ear shaved - k&n pods, drilled clutch basket
MCCT
40/138 jetting

If I can split a case and make it work - you can too!
Forum pictures:http://s150.photobucket.com/user/Gid...?sort=3&page=1
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 05:51 PM

Thumbs up

Hey Mcneuby,sorry to hear you are giving up riding,but glad that its not do to health reasons.If I lived near you I would gladly buy it,just to have a newer one. Maybe I can talk my brother into changing his route,he's heading south at the end of the month. Well good luck to you and yours,as you were the first to befriend me when I joined up here. I'm still plugging along,healthwise,so take care,Paulywog.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 01:11 AM

Garage
In my 40s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcneuby View Post
My biggest regret is that I waited so long to get a bike. I was in my 40's before I finally got a bike.
Well now you're making me feel a little sad. I'm 45, and just now shopping for my first bike, having just taken a New Rider course back in June. Although it's great to hear that you've gotten between 30 and 40 good years of riding, and it's awesome to hear that those years were so good that you still regret having not had decades more, it just underscores that I had better hurry up and get out there.

I don't know what is about the Vulcan 750. Something about it is calling my name. I guess any bike that can go essentially unchanged for 20 years must have been something really special.

Good for you that you have been able to ride for so long, and that you have taken care of yourself (myself, I'm feeling a little health pressure to get out there now also, because I have diabetes and my legs have already been affected a little. Since I can't know how many years I'll have the full use of my legs, I need to get out there while I can). And good for you to be making the decision to hang it up, if you feel the time is right. I hope you find a good home for your bike (I'm still window shopping, while I continue to explain to my wife that this is something that is going to happen).
Thorn, Gaz73 and John Spoerer like this.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 03:57 AM
Tinkerer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by readparse View Post
Well now you're making me feel a little sad. I'm 45, and just now shopping for my first bike, having just taken a New Rider course back in June. Although it's great to hear that you've gotten between 30 and 40 good years of riding, and it's awesome to hear that those years were so good that you still regret having not had decades more, it just underscores that I had better hurry up and get out there.

I don't know what is about the Vulcan 750. Something about it is calling my name. I guess any bike that can go essentially unchanged for 20 years must have been something really special.

Good for you that you have been able to ride for so long, and that you have taken care of yourself (myself, I'm feeling a little health pressure to get out there now also, because I have diabetes and my legs have already been affected a little. Since I can't know how many years I'll have the full use of my legs, I need to get out there while I can). And good for you to be making the decision to hang it up, if you feel the time is right. I hope you find a good home for your bike (I'm still window shopping, while I continue to explain to my wife that this is something that is going to happen).
Just go for it! I'm 43 and a disabled rider, been riding bikes since I was a kid. Although wrenching and working at them takes me ten times longer to do than the average guy, I still get it done

The Vulcan 750 is definitely one of those "bikes" you either love them or hate them... I'm a lover lol

Get your test and buy a bike, you'll not regret it, riding a motorcycle is one of life's great pleasures... don't live life with regrets, you are a long time dead!
Thorn likes this.

Man can not live by bread alone... he needs Duct tape & WD40
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 10:01 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz73 View Post
Get your test and buy a bike
I already have my endorsement. In my state (TN), passing the MSF course qualifies you for the license. So at least I can legally ride. Now I just need to pick up something that isn't too nice, and spend some quality time in a high school parking lot on a weekend, and riding around my subdivision -- just to make sure I'm not a hazard to the public at large
Gaz73 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement