2005 Kawasaki VN750 For Sale (Texas) ($2100 OBO) - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)
 
Cool 2005 Kawasaki VN750 For Sale (Texas) ($2100 OBO)

I recently bought a 750, mechanically seems to be in good working order. After buying it and riding it for a while (a few hundred miles in the past few days), I have decided I would like something a little bigger for long distance cruising. I just had it tuned up and the mechanic said it was "bullet proof". Needs a new front tire eventually and new front break pads, but for now its fine. Has new oil, battery, and rear tire. Has saddle bags, windshield, cup holder, cruise control, highway pegs.

I am not a mechanic nor am I mechanically inclined, but as a rider, it seems to be equal to all the other $2000-11 year old bikes. In fact, the mechanic told me NOT to sale it due to the quality of the bike. However, I am just seeking something a little different.

Less than 35,000 miles. I have it listed on eBay, but I will entertain reasonable offers. As long as I don't have to take a loss on the bike, its yours. Cheers guys! If you want to contact me directly by phone or something let me know. Asking $2100 OBO.

- eBay Link: www. eBay. com/itm/302062842120 **(remove the space after the www and before the com - it won't let me post a URL since I'm a new member)

P.s. - I don't know why the picture is sideways.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	33978  
Grizzly88 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 05:52 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
 
OleDirtyDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Norwich,NY
Posts: 15,873
iTrader: (0)
     
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
How's the charging system and have the driveshaft splines been lubed?we've had first time posters scam on here before

Last edited by OleDirtyDoc; 09-05-2016 at 05:56 PM.
OleDirtyDoc is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)
 
Like I said, I am not necessarily mechanically inclined lol. I'm definitely not 'scamming', just thought this would be a good place to post the bike (let people have it who appreciate it). When I got it tuned up yesterday, he checked the drive shaft oil and said everything looked fine. As far as the charging system? I drive it every day, cranks right up first try in the morning. It has the plug for a regulator/maintainer if you want to trickle charge it. No problems that I am currently aware of. Really all I know is the mechanic said there was nothing wrong with it. The forks may need new seals, but he said not to worry about it unless its bogging down (which it isn't), and I think those are like $10 parts. Does this help?

Secondly, it's only listed at $1550 with no reserve, which is a big loss for how much I paid for it. I would just like it to go to someone who knows them and appreciates them, it's got a lot of potential to be a "forever bike" and see some more miles. I am a full-time student with limited funds and a thirst for travel. Basically just trying to re-coop some of my spent funds and grab something a little more capable for long-distances.

Last edited by Grizzly88; 09-05-2016 at 06:15 PM.
Grizzly88 is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 08:36 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
 
OleDirtyDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Norwich,NY
Posts: 15,873
iTrader: (0)
     
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
Cool.just some of us are a little cautious.glad you're not a scammer
OleDirtyDoc is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)
 
Understandable. One cannot be too cautious nowadays.

As an update, I ran some seafoam through it on a ride tonight as a preventative measure. Got back into town and it was idling and sounding better than ever.

On a funny-not-so-funny-note, while I was rolling 75 mph on a country road at night time, the headlight randomly quit working. That was a fun trip back to town. Got a new headlight bulb, no luck. Checked the fuses, all were fine. Did the blue-wire mod that I saw on the forum, and now it's got a brand new bulb that works beautifully.

Moral of the story, glad to be alive ha, but thanks to this forum the bike is better than ever. Hope to see one of you guys/gals riding it soon! Cheers!
Grizzly88 is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 10:54 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 2,482
iTrader: (10)
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly88 View Post
Like I said, I am not necessarily mechanically inclined lol. I'm definitely not 'scamming', just thought this would be a good place to post the bike (let people have it who appreciate it). When I got it tuned up yesterday, he checked the drive shaft oil and said everything looked fine. As far as the charging system? I drive it every day, cranks right up first try in the morning. It has the plug for a regulator/maintainer if you want to trickle charge it. No problems that I am currently aware of. Really all I know is the mechanic said there was nothing wrong with it. The forks may need new seals, but he said not to worry about it unless its bogging down (which it isn't), and I think those are like $10 parts. Does this help?

Secondly, it's only listed at $1550 with no reserve, which is a big loss for how much I paid for it. I would just like it to go to someone who knows them and appreciates them, it's got a lot of potential to be a "forever bike" and see some more miles. I am a full-time student with limited funds and a thirst for travel. Basically just trying to re-coop some of my spent funds and grab something a little more capable for long-distances.
Very interesting that your opening post offers it to those of us that appreciate the bike for $2100 and yet you offer it to Ebay customers for $1550 (no reserve). I guess you believe that because we know the bike better than most others we would place a higher value on it and be willing to pay $550 or 35% more than the uninformed. The mechanic says there is nothing wrong with the bike but you (after admitting you are not mechanically inclined) talk about front fork seals needing to be replaced and you had to do the blue wire mod to get the headlight to work. The modification gets the light to work but doesn't correct the initial problem.
OleDirtyDoc likes this.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles

Last edited by Vulcan2000; 09-06-2016 at 11:12 PM.
Vulcan2000 is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 01:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,011
iTrader: (0)
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan2000 View Post
Very interesting that your opening post offers it to those of us that appreciate the bike for $2100 and yet you offer it to Ebay customers for $1550 (no reserve). I guess you believe that because we know the bike better than most others we would place a higher value on it and be willing to pay $550 or 35% more than the uninformed. The mechanic says there is nothing wrong with the bike but you (after admitting you are not mechanically inclined) talk about front fork seals needing to be replaced and you had to do the blue wire mod to get the headlight to work. The modification gets the light to work but doesn't correct the initial problem.
Time out, man. Take off the gloves. Everything Grizzly88 seems to be completely on the level.

The ebay auction has a 'buy now' of $2,100.00. Anyone can buy it right now at that price.
The starting bid is $1,550.00. Anyone can bid at that price.

So, his "$2,100 or best offer" statement in his opening post is 100% accurate and up-front whether you're a member of this forum or not.

He said he fixed the headlight that went on the fritz. Using information here. That's what we want people to do, and post information so that anyone no matter their experience level can do it themselves.

He did not say he diagnosed the fork seals. He said the mechanic mentioned the seals, and said to leave them be for now. Totally transparent.

I understand that you don't want the forum to be a swap-meet, but if someone in my area posted a bike in this condition for this price, I'd be appreciative of a heads-up.
thtanner likes this.

1992 US-nonCA * tuxedo mod * r/r relocated

Vulcan slang for newcomers
Service Manual Download
Wiring Diagram + annotations * still undergoing revisions, but still more useful than the generic one. Let me know if you find mistakes or think something additional should be added
Thorn is online now  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 06:03 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 2,482
iTrader: (10)
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Time out, man. Take off the gloves. Everything Grizzly88 seems to be completely on the level.

The ebay auction has a 'buy now' of $2,100.00. Anyone can buy it right now at that price.
The starting bid is $1,550.00. Anyone can bid at that price.

So, his "$2,100 or best offer" statement in his opening post is 100% accurate and up-front whether you're a member of this forum or not.

He said he fixed the headlight that went on the fritz. Using information here. That's what we want people to do, and post information so that anyone no matter their experience level can do it themselves.

He did not say he diagnosed the fork seals. He said the mechanic mentioned the seals, and said to leave them be for now. Totally transparent.

I understand that you don't want the forum to be a swap-meet, but if someone in my area posted a bike in this condition for this price, I'd be appreciative of a heads-up.
First, please do not try to add some drama to this thread with the "take the gloves off" reference. I only went by what he posted in his own words. When someone makes a statement in print I expect them to mean what they are typing or writing. If they have any other deeper thoughts then they should put that in writing or type. Seems simple to me. If you read all his posts he states that he has been here for some time but he just recently joined and later he also states that he "recently" got the bike. Those two general statements seem odd to me. Why join a specific forum that is mostly about fixing a particular model bike if you do not have or previously had that model. Notice, if you can, that I never said he was attempting a scam. I only pointed out a few things that I found odd and I didn't even get into his description of himself as a soon to be college graduate and yet he does not know the difference between "break pads" and brake pads and a few other foul ups he wrote himself. I can add a few more things that seem a bit odd but I doubt you would see my valid point. I apologize if my pointing out some possible issues caused you any distress or loss of sleep.
OleDirtyDoc likes this.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
Vulcan2000 is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 06:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,011
iTrader: (0)
 
Garage
"Do not try to add some drama"
"Notice, if you can ..."
"I doubt you would see my valid point"

Fuel on the flames of a world ablaze.


Best of luck on your sale, Grizz. Would have come taken a look if I lived closer!

1992 US-nonCA * tuxedo mod * r/r relocated

Vulcan slang for newcomers
Service Manual Download
Wiring Diagram + annotations * still undergoing revisions, but still more useful than the generic one. Let me know if you find mistakes or think something additional should be added
Thorn is online now  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 07:08 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 2,482
iTrader: (10)
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
"Do not try to add some drama"
"Notice, if you can ..."
"I doubt you would see my valid point"

Fuel on the flames of a world ablaze.


Best of luck on your sale, Grizz. Would have come taken a look if I lived closer!
Glad I could help with your literary endeavors. lol "Fuel on the flames of a world ablaze." It does have a certain ring to it. I still don't see a major problem with my post but I am sure you didn't expect me to. I do join you in wishing Grizz much success in his selling of the bike (if all legit) and at the best price for all.
OleDirtyDoc likes this.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
Vulcan2000 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
for sale , kawasaki vulcan 750 , texas

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Once registered, your User Name"cannot be changed". We can make exceptions within 7 days, but after that, it is set in stone.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome