A few bits needed to fix what the PO shonked
Started the full tear down of my motor so I could get things chromed or polished, and paint the cases and barrels black, fit the new stator and come across some nasty's.
1) the case/cover with the oil view window in it has a hairline crack that obviously leaked as the PO had stuck it together with araldite (sp?) that I didn't see because it was hidden under the front bevel gear case grrrrrrrrrr - so if anyones got one for sale can you pm me.
2) looking for a rear (or is it front? I've forgotten) rocker box cover - the one without the holes threaded in to it for that 'orrible bit of chrome plastic - it basically saves me from having to get the holes welded up then having it chromed or polished.
3) brake master cylinder (round type) - I want to use a different set of bars and the square master cylinder hits them.
4) right hand rear indicator - mine was held together with tape and an indicator shave couldn't even save it
What annoys me more than the fact the thing was held together with sylastic (rubber gasket cement) was the fact that I didn't spot it and the PO didn't tell me it had these minor issues. Maybe I'm too honest for my own good, but I would have either replaced the cracked bit or told any prospective buyer about it *shrug* my bad.
Last edited by compadres_carl; 09-01-2008 at 12:42 AM.