For sale, tank, front and rear fenders, 1997 color - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

For sale, tank, front and rear fenders, 1997 color

I am selling a gas tank (plain, no emblems, cap, petcock, or gas gauge sending unit) front fender, and rear fender. These are a 1997 color scheme, but were bought new in 2005, and only used a few months. They are in excellent condition, a few minor scratches, no dents, nothing bent, no rust in tank. Tank is a CA model with 2 vent tubes at rear. I will clean the dust off.

Tank $50 plus shipping

Front fender $25 plus shipping

Rear fender $35 plus shipping

I use UPS for shipping.

Please PM me with any questions. Jerry.

EDIT: I didn't realize there would be so much interest in these items. First of all, they are in near new condition. I should have cleaned them before posting the pictures, they look a LOT better without the dust.

Everyone is interested in shipping cost to their location. Before I can get an estimate on that I will need to get boxes, probably 2 of them, one for the tank and one for the fenders. They will need to be well packed to avoid damage during shipping. Several people want all 3 parts, depending on shipping costs, and I would like to sell them that way. Since it looks like they will definitely sell, I will go ahead and clean them up, get boxes and packing material, pack them up, measure and weigh the boxes, then I can get an estimate from the UPS site as to how much it would cost to ship them to different zip codes.

I want to thank everyone who PM'd me for their interest. Unfortunately I only have then one set. I have already posted the prices (which include all the packing costs) and I'm not going to auction them, and see who will pay the most. If I were going to to do that, I would have listed them on eBay. I am less interested in what I will ultimately get out of them than I am knowing they will go to a VN750 owner/enthusiast. Of all the bikes I have ever owned, the Vulcan 750s have been by far my favorites, and have had WAY more miles put on them than any of the others.

Oh, I did make a comment that I had thought about using these parts for a custom paint job. One of the reasons I decided against doing that is that IMO they are way to nice to repaint. If whoever buys them wants to repaint them that's their choice. If you want a stock 1997 look, these parts with the tank emblems replaced and the chrome side covers would look great.

I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker.

1997 Vulcan 750, purchased about a week ago
2006 Sportster 1200 Low
2013 Royal Enfield Bullet 500, converted to carb
2001 Yamaha XT225, heavily modified
2004 Honda Rebel 250
1979 Vespa P200E
2002 Vulcan 750 parts bike
1994 Yamaha XT225 parts bike

Last edited by VN750Rider/Jerry; 10-24-2015 at 10:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement