Engine - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Engine

1991 VN750 motorcycle engine 100 dollars. less than 10,000 miles on bike. For parts only because it doesn't run due to being under eight feet of water in hurricane Sandy. Local pickup at 08619. It's still on the bike. I'll be taking it off the bike next weekend when I will be reassessing the price.
rich 1 likes this.

2008 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
HID lighting 35 Watt White
Chrome Slotted oval Mirrors
Chilhowee Tank Bra
Barons Big Air Kit
Vance & Hines Twin Slash staggered
EJK Gen 3 Electronic Jet Kit

1991 Vulcan 750 226 miles
Spiegler brake lines
rebuilt calipers, master brake cylinder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 11:03 AM

Garage
does this engine have carbs attached?
Does it turn over or is it ceased up?
if you have a photo, please post it.
I may be interested.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2dgq View Post
does this engine have carbs attached?
Does it turn over or is it ceased up?
if you have a photo, please post it.
I may be interested.
Anthony, Carbs aren't attached. they will be on ebay next week along with other stuff.

consider it locked up and for parts only. I'll post a picture if that helps. It's 100 dollars.

I've been pulling parts off the bike for use and sale since I picked it up about a month or so ago. Here's an identical engine from hurricane Sandy (like mine) for parts only for 200 on ebay.

I understand if you want to pass. Thanks for taking an interest.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-02-Kawa...-/151739266738

Chilhowee Tank Bra
Barons Big Air Kit

Spiegler brake lines

Last edited by Mike DeAngelo; 07-14-2015 at 03:28 PM.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 10:24 AM

Garage
I can't see the link from work since they block everything on this computer.

I am looking for a tank and some other stuff as well. If the engine is in one piece, then the case and other items can still be salvaged, which is what i am interested in.

PM me your number or email and we can talk. or email me info at [email protected]
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 03:04 PM
Rookie Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike DeAngelo View Post
Anthony, Carbs aren't attached. they will be on ebay next week along with other stuff.

consider it locked up and for parts only. I'll post a picture if that helps. It's 100 dollars.

I've been pulling parts off the bike for use and sale since I picked it up about a month or so ago. Here's an identical engine from hurricane Sandy (like mine) for parts only for 200 on ebay.

I understand if you want to pass. Thanks for taking an interest.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-02-Kawa...-/151739266738
Hey Mike, if Anthony doesn't take those carbs, I'm in dyer need. My chamber float assembly needs to be replaced. Costs as much as a used set of carbs does. So, if they are in decent shape and I can at least use parts off or clean and use them, I'm very interested.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakibomb750 View Post
Hey Mike, if Anthony doesn't take those carbs, I'm in dyer need. My chamber float assembly needs to be replaced. Costs as much as a used set of carbs does. So, if they are in decent shape and I can at least use parts off or clean and use them, I'm very interested.
Wait, I didn't say I was selling the carbs to Anthony. I said they would be on eBay next week. I understand your position. I'm in dire need to pay my rent so I feel your pain. I'm the one who sent you link to eBay in your last post about needing a part off the carb. You mentioned they weren't good enough because they were under water. My carbs were under water as well. When I get them cleaned up and checked over,screws replaced if necessary and etc. I'll list them. If you want I'll give you a heads up as to the price.

Chilhowee Tank Bra
Barons Big Air Kit

Spiegler brake lines
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2dgq View Post
I can't see the link from work since they block everything on this computer.

I am looking for a tank and some other stuff as well. If the engine is in one piece, then the case and other items can still be salvaged, which is what i am interested in.

PM me your number or email and we can talk. or email me info at [email protected]
email sent

Chilhowee Tank Bra
Barons Big Air Kit

Spiegler brake lines
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 07:43 PM
Rookie Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike DeAngelo View Post
Wait, I didn't say I was selling the carbs to Anthony. I said they would be on eBay next week. I understand your position. I'm in dire need to pay my rent so I feel your pain. I'm the one who sent you link to eBay in your last post about needing a part off the carb. You mentioned they weren't good enough because they were under water. My carbs were under water as well. When I get them cleaned up and checked over,screws replaced if necessary and etc. I'll list them. If you want I'll give you a heads up as to the price.
I stand corrected. I got a bit excited haha. The ones you posted before hadn't been cleaned. Looked very corroded. Maybe that could be cleaned up, but, I'm already way past patience levels to do that. Wouldn't be so bad if I could have actually ridden the bike some before I started putting all this money into it. I understand the rent thing! If you could please let me know when u post them, that'd be great! Thanks!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakibomb750 View Post
I stand corrected. I got a bit excited haha. The ones you posted before hadn't been cleaned. Looked very corroded. Maybe that could be cleaned up, but, I'm already way past patience levels to do that. Wouldn't be so bad if I could have actually ridden the bike some before I started putting all this money into it. I understand the rent thing! If you could please let me know when u post them, that'd be great! Thanks!
No problem. I figured you were a little excited and I thought I was a little rough on you. sorry. Honestly, I picked up my 91 VN750 a couple months back for 1500 and hoped I would recoup some of the costs with selling off parts from this other 91 I found. Well, I put around another 500 into the bike. I didn't expect that. You may have to put a little money into the bike.

If I were you, I would invest in carbs off a working bike that has been wrecked. Spend the 200. Take the current carbs off the bike and wait until someone can get you parts for your current carbs hopefully for free. Then sell them and get your money back. I would try and get the bike running asap. Either way, I'll let you know when I post them. Good luck man.

Chilhowee Tank Bra
Barons Big Air Kit

Spiegler brake lines
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 11:19 PM
Rookie Rider

Thanks. Bought this 00 750 for $550. Went down hard 3 years ago. Hadn't been on road since. I've changed out bent forks, bent bars, broken headlight, now working on carbs due to old gas being sucked through. Carbs were pulled...broken chamber float assembly piece and bent linkages. Reallll broken. Haha thank god for this forum tho!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement