Luggage rack and extended backrest - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Luggage rack and extended backrest

I responded to two members who had put feelers out for these items, but haven't heard back from either of them. Sooo...here they are.

I have both a luggage rack and extended backrest that are in pretty good shape. Pictures are in my album here:

https://www.vn750.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=993

The luggage rack shows normal wear on the rack, with good chrome on the rest, no flaking.

The backrest had two small tears on the material which have been repaired. They aren't very noticeable to someone who may be casually looking. In fact, even if you try, you have to look pretty close to see that a repair has been made.

I am in the process of selling my 750 as I got a great deal on a newer 900. These were both extras, as the 750 still has hers. You can see her at the base of this post. If anyone knows someone in the OKC area looking for a great bike, please pass the word to them to check mine out. My wife doesn't want me starting a collection.

I will also have for sale a brand spanking new toolbox (once I find where I stashed it, LOL).

Rack is $150, extended backrest $130. If you are wanting both, shoot me an offer. Maybe we can work something out.

Malibu Shades windscreen, headlight visor, custom dashboard with voltmeter and clock, luggage rack, extended backrest, Viking saddlebags and toolbag, Wingerline engine guard with foot pads, light bar with halogen bulbs, Hardley Sportster muffs with crossover, homemade coasters, earshave with K&N pods, 142/42 jets with 2 shims each needle, MCCT's, AGM battery, coil relay mod, Iridiums with yellow NGK plug wires, relocated R/R, WOLO air horn, VN750.com chrome radiator guard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Fixin' to go to eBay

Haven't even heard a "boo" from anyone. These are fixin' to hit eBay.

Malibu Shades windscreen, headlight visor, custom dashboard with voltmeter and clock, luggage rack, extended backrest, Viking saddlebags and toolbag, Wingerline engine guard with foot pads, light bar with halogen bulbs, Hardley Sportster muffs with crossover, homemade coasters, earshave with K&N pods, 142/42 jets with 2 shims each needle, MCCT's, AGM battery, coil relay mod, Iridiums with yellow NGK plug wires, relocated R/R, WOLO air horn, VN750.com chrome radiator guard
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiebezer View Post
Haven't even heard a "boo" from anyone. These are fixin' to hit eBay.
I don't like riding two up. I took the passenger floor boards off my nine hundred and I'm going to sell them.

I also have an extended back rest in the basement which is rusty in many places. the back rest pad in perfect condition. I'm going to see about having the piece re chromed because you don't see many if any extended back rests with the cushion in place. I'll sell it as a collectors piece.

Good luck selling it. The prices are all over the place on Ebay without the pad. you may be lucky and get a great price.

2008 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
HID lighting 35 Watt White
Chrome Slotted oval Mirrors
Chilhowee Tank Bra
Barons Big Air Kit
Vance & Hines Twin Slash staggered
EJK Gen 3 Electronic Jet Kit

1991 Vulcan 750 226 miles
Spiegler brake lines
rebuilt calipers, master brake cylinder

Last edited by Mike DeAngelo; 07-03-2015 at 03:04 PM.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2015, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Mike.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

SOLD

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 01:21 PM
Glenn C.

$150 for the luggage rack is a fair price, but $130 for the extended back rest is a bit to high in my opinion, either that or i got a hell of a deal on mine for $75 shipped.

Glenn C
Alexandria, MN
My VN750 Page
VN750 Stator Plates and Products

2001 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750
1986 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750 (being restored)
1986 Kawasaki 454LTD (being restored)
1985 Kawasaki 454LTD (being restored)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 10:17 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Posted 7/15/15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiebezer View Post
SOLD
Posted on 7/28/15
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcextreme View Post
$150 for the luggage rack is a fair price, but $130 for the extended back rest is a bit to high in my opinion, either that or i got a hell of a deal on mine for $75 shipped.

I am not sure why someone not directly involved in a sale would post that a price was too high in their opinion thirteen days after a transaction was completed. I don't think anyone was forced into buying the extended back rest at a given price. I just seems odd to suddenly cast a bad light on a transaction in this manner without direct involvement and at such a late date. I personally like when members get a good price for items from anyone except from me because it lets me know my items are gaining in value for if and when I want to sell some. JMHO.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 01:16 PM
Glenn C.

Maybe because i would be involved in the sale..as i am looking for another one for my second vn750..and $130 is too high.

Glenn C
Alexandria, MN
My VN750 Page
VN750 Stator Plates and Products

2001 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750
1986 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750 (being restored)
1986 Kawasaki 454LTD (being restored)
1985 Kawasaki 454LTD (being restored)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the input. Based on market availability at the time and the condition of both, I priced units accordingly. We came to what we both felt was an amiable agreement and he had parts at his door in just a couple days.

Didn't feel it was out of line, neither did the buyer which was content with our deal (Package price, less for both). I know they will serve him well and went to a good and loving home.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement