For Sale: 2000 VN750 w/ Touring Pkg - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

For Sale: 2000 VN750 w/ Touring Pkg

Price: $1,950
Model VN750-A16 "V-twin" with factory 1/2 fairing and windshield, touring front fender, engine guard bar, rear dresser bars, Auburn hard leather saddle bags, and Mustang seat. The fairing and chromed bars are difficult to find nowadays. The "touring package" fairing, etc. was offered only for the 1999 and 2000 model years. Base weight is 484 lbs. Includes 2 service manuals and cover.
Accumulated mileage is 16,300. Starts immediately, cold or hot. Engine compression test yields 162 lbs. in each cylinder. Fine mechanical condition. Full instrumentation/gauges. Synthetic lubricants.
Reason for selling: I have 2 VN750's and no one to ride with. I'm keeping the VN750 w/o the "touring pkg" as I prefer to ride a "less dressy" bike.
Easiest way to contact me is via reply to this posting -- I have "instant email notification" enabled.
- Dennis Anderson "Serious Machining"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fairing - Front (768x800).jpg
Views:	74
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	22113   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fairing - Side (672x800).jpg
Views:	75
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	22121   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fairing - Driver (753x800).jpg
Views:	86
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	22129   Click image for larger version

Name:	VN750-A16 - Left Rear (800x600).jpg
Views:	99
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	22137   Click image for larger version

Name:	VN750-A16 - Right Front (800x600).jpg
Views:	95
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	22145  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 09:35 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
Hmm first post and you're selling your ride?that's normally not liked on most forums. This is a forum for enthusiasts and close friends not Craig's list or eBay. A good idea would've been to introduce yourself and hang around a little before ya sell your scoot

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 10:16 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Where is the bike located if someone wanted to see it in person? How long have you owned it and what if any work have you done to it? You are not giving very much information here. You own two of these and you want to sell one and this is your first post.

I noticed that you just joined today. Not saying this is all bogus but it sure sounds a bit strange and then again strange can be good. I am wondering if there will be a reply to any of the questions posted here.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles

Last edited by Vulcan2000; 03-17-2015 at 10:20 PM.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 09:41 AM
Yahoo VN750 Group Owner

Send a message via Yahoo to Pick
He posted over on the Yahoo group, and I suggested he post it here also. He's legit, so lighten up! I'd buy it in a second if I had the extra money!

Jim "Pick" Foster
Dixon, IL
VROC #9492
2018 Suzuki Burgman 650
2010 Honda NT700V
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimfost/sets/
http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x294/jimfost/
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 09:57 AM
Jack of all trades

Man that's super nice! Wish I had 2k to buy it for sure. Those fairings are hard to find.

2003 vn750
1988 Pontiac Trans Am (project/driver)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 10:11 AM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pick View Post
He posted over on the Yahoo group, and I suggested he post it here also. He's legit, so lighten up! I'd buy it in a second if I had the extra money!
Just looking out, Pick.if you've got his back he's ok.Sorry Dennis just have seen things like this go bad.welcome to the nuthouse.would still like an intro,though.hope you stick around.got any pics of the other one?

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog

Last edited by OleDirtyDoc; 03-18-2015 at 10:16 AM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 03:19 PM
2014 KLR 650!

He also has 2 VN's But wait! I'm not serious! I mean at all. about anything!

2014 Kawasaki KLR 650
Back to the Kawa World
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 05:55 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pick View Post
If you are referring to my post than I find it difficult for you to request "lighten up!" I asked a legit question and pointed out what many others would be thinking from the initial reading. OleDirtyDoc and I both had some concern from know what happened to a few members here at the hands of at least one particular past member some time ago. I did not say he was a scammer nor did anyone else. I did say that it sounded strange for the first post on the first day of membership but added strange could be good. Sorry if all that came across in a overly negative tone as I thought I had left it pretty wide open and even a positive for someone that may not be aware of how such postings would look to others. (But I still haven't read a location for the bike in either of his two posts if someone was interested. lol)

It was great that you got him to post here so maybe one of our members can possibly be the next owner of that ride as it does look pretty good.

Serious Machining, welcome to the forum.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles

Last edited by Vulcan2000; 03-18-2015 at 06:11 PM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Additional information regarding bike and reasoning for "letting it go" ...

Warning - This will be wordy and may cause some readers to fall asleep, that's why I did not say all of this in my initial advertisement.

The bike appears to have had 3 local owners (mature males - if that is possible where motorcycles are involved ) prior to my purchasing it in Sep. 2010. I also purchased a second VN750 (2005 with just engine guard bars and windshield as options) at this same time as: 1) I was hoping to do some riding with family and/or friends who at one time had been licensed m/c riders but who had since sold their bikes, and 2) I saw the opportunity to do a long-term comparison of riding (essentially the difference in handling characteristics) a "dressed" bike vs. a "naked" bike of the same make and model.

Well, long story short, my preference is that of the "naked" bike -- I feel more confident and "in control" of this bike. There's something unnerving to me about the fairing and headlight remaining in a fixed position while the handlebars move. It's so much easier to make slow speed turns when I can see out of the bottom of my eyes the front wheel moving left or right. Plus, I find the stock OEM seat to be more comfortable than the Mustang seat. Suffice to say, during the 4 years I've owned the 2000 model, I have only driven it 1,000 miles, whereas with the 2005 model I've rode 3,000 miles.

The previous owner from whom I purchased the 2000 model is something of a "wrenchhead", as am I. He had performed the "driveshaft slip joint lube" procedure, as well as having replaced the clutch plates and the rear tire 5,000 miles prior to my purchasing it. The reason he sold the bike is because he had always wanted a Harley and got a new 883 Sportster. The one remaining must-do modification (excluding the whole "goat's belly" thing) is the relocation of the voltage regulator / rectifier.

All the fluids and filters were changed towards the end of last year's riding season. The engine/trans oil is Mystic (Citgo) synthetic 10W-40 M/C & ATV. Final drive oil is Mobile 1 synthetic 75W-90 gear lube. Cooling system flushed and filled with 50/50 mix of distilled water and PEAK Global lifetime anti-freeze -- which was the only a/f at NAPA which specifically said "for use in all motorcycles". Brake system flushed and filled with Valvoline synthetic DOT 3 & 4 brake fluid. Air filters replaced with new K & N filters. Battery is 15 AH 220 CCA sealed AGM installed in April 2011 -- no problem starting this spring.

Comes with genuine Kawasaki VN750 and Clymer service manuals and weatherproof cover purchased new in 2014. I consider the body condition to be "good", especially for a 15 yr old vehicle still being ridden. Nothing is broken or cracked. Any rust is only superficial and can be buffed away. Aluminum wheels are free of pitting. Tires look good and hold air very well. While the bike is not "dealer showroom" shiny and spotless, the price I'm seeking is far south of any dealer's. As previously stated, the engine compression test yielded 162 psi in each cylinder. The OEM spec says it should range from 129 to 199 psi. The engine actually starts easier and idles smoother than the 2005 model, which has 8,000 miles. The 2000's engine sounds as quiet as the engine of the lesser-mileage 2005.

There's my story. Thanks to all who were able to read it all the way through to the end.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

For Sale: 2000 VN750 w/ Touring Pkg -- ** SOLD **

** SOLD ** on 04/28/2015 for $1,900. Buyer saw ad on Craigslist, as did most of all the 8 responses received.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement